Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

Wouldn't surprise me. I'm thinking it'll be a photo finish between the two now.

I'm thinking primarily in the long run, though. Nolan's name could cause a lot of upfront demand for Interstellar, but BH6 could have the better legs as time goes on. A lot of online film communities have a fondness for Disney, so there could be a lot of people seeing Interstellar this weekend and BH6 later.

Disney needs to accelerate the promotion of Big Hero 6 because as much I'm interested in Interstellar (I clearly intend watching it) I don't want it to be eclipsed by it, people need to be aware the new movie from Frozen's creators is finally here!

Because this film is getting good reviews... :ph34r: .

Obviously the universe wasn't a grand enough canvas for The Nolan's genius. The only direction he can go now is an autobiographical movie about God. :P

Not on these forums, at least.

There are, of course, entire forums devoted to Disney animated features, as well as subforums of general Disney and Disney parks forums.

However, I am definitely starting to wonder if this still has a shot of beating Interstellar.

I've never wondered about this (and I can point to posts I've made here and even earlier on other forums to verify), and now Big Hero 6's chances seem better than ever. Just last week or so they were tracking about even, and Disney animated features tend to be underestimated since there are many people who are "quiet" but totally plan to see them anyway.

Half of that was flame wars though. Frozen has been mentally synchronized smooth consistent lovefest except for a dozen comments or so.

tumblr_myksbhjxDx1qhf3pdo1_500.gif

I see what you did here ;), but is Anna + Hans singing the villain song the best possible example to use? :o

• Like 1

Disney needs to accelerate the promotion of Big Hero 6 because as much I'm interested in Interstellar (I clearly intend watching it) I don't want it to be eclipsed by it, people need to be aware the new movie from Frozen's creators is finally here!

I have full faith in this movie to kill it over Thanksgiving regardless of OW (which I also think will be great). It's perfect Holiday family counter-programming to MJ/IS.

• Like 1

They're incomparable. Frozenites and Nolanites are the two extreme ends of the fanbase spectrum. 

It's more the Batman/CB fans than Nolanites. Interstellar's thread (until the reviews showed up, anyway) had actually been pretty civil. 

With Frozen I just really didn't want to open the last page and see a bunch of DeviantArt images and viral renditions of "Let It Go".

• Like 1