Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

Pooh was also only 63 minutes long. Way too short for a theatrical movie I think. Many parents probably didn't think it was worth the cost to see it in theaters, especially since movie going is expensive as hell these days. :ph34r:

And the teeny tiny fact that it opened alongside "THE FINALE OF THE WORLDWIDE PHENOMENON" and "THE MOTION PICTURE EVENT OF A GENERATION".

• Like 2

And the teeny tiny fact that it opened alongside "THE FINALE OF THE WORLDWIDE PHENOMENON" and "THE MOTION PICTURE EVENT OF A GENERATION".

Did you see the huge drops DH2 had after its first weekend? Family movies are known for their legs, but Pooh didn't have any.

After the massive success of Frozen, how hilarious would it be if Disney "girl" up the marketing for this in fear that it doesn't appeal to girls. You know, the same way they desperately "boy'd" up the marketing for Tangled/Frozen.

Did you see the huge drops DH2 had after its first weekend? Family movies are known for their legs, but Pooh didn't have any.

Most theaters dropped Pooh after it performed so poorly on OW.

• Like 1

After the massive success of Frozen, how hilarious would it be if Disney "girl" up the marketing for this in fear that it doesn't appeal to girls. You know, the same way they desperately "boy'd" up the marketing for Tangled/Frozen.

If they wanted to equal the boyed up marketing for Frozen with a girled up one for BH6, then the teaser trailer would have highlighted the rivalry between Gogo Tomago and Honey Lemon. :D

Well, since all the other threads are locked, I guess I'll pop in here.

Hmm, let me think of something on topic to say.

BH6 will be overpredicted. It won't appeal to girls.

You may be right. INCREDIBLES is in the similar genre but there is a strong family story there. Holly Hunter is very strong as the mother of her cubs.

• Like 1

Good legs depend on an initial audience to spread the word of mouth. Opening against DH2, Pooh didn't have that audience.

• Like 2

Everyone was laughing at this teaser when I saw Maleficent! Like, EVERYONE. I was cheering deep inside. Lol.

I showed the teaser to one of my dude friends who was left nonplussed by Frozen and it floored him completely. He was laughing like a kid. I think this will surprise just like Elsa and co.

Edited by Spidey Freak of Highgarden
  • Like 1

You may be right. INCREDIBLES is in the similar genre but there is a strong family story there. Holly Hunter is very strong as the mother of her cubs.

The core of this movie is the relationship between two brothers. Not in the same way as Frozen was about two sisters but similar to how Up was about a husband's love for his wife. But with a superheroic twist. There is also a mom in this, though she won't be as prominent as Elasti-Girl.

However, there are two very interesting young girl characters with wildly differing personalities in the main team of 6. If Disney plays this smart, it should have a magnetic four-quadrant pull. 

• Like 1

This teaser was the only one who got those enthusiastic reactions in my Maleficent showing, with Dragon 2, GOTG, and Planes also shown. I hope that's an early sign.And when they showed the line "From the creators of Frozen and Wreck-it Ralph", a kid at my back went "ooohhhh". Priceless.

• Like 5