Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

I think an issue for this movie will be how much appeal will BH6 will really have for little girls and the teen to adult female audience.

After doing the unusual thing and having two strong lead female protagonists which helped boost Frozen into orbit in the boxoffice, we are back to having two lead male protagonists. I'm pretty worried that the two girls on the BH6 team won't have much screen time or development compared to Hiro and Baymax, especially with the move being called Baymax in Japan. :o

BH6 will be released in Russia next week so try to check the Russian BO thread out ;)

Hopefully we be getting a TON of early reviews from Russia when it is released there.

I feel VERY sorry for the people in the UK, since they are getting BH6 on January 30th, an entire 3 months later than the US. This is almost a reverse Frozen situation with Japan getting it pretty early (too early to build up hype?), and UK getting it so late. :P

• Like 1

I feel VERY sorry for the people in the UK, since they are getting BH6 on January 30th, an entire 3 months later than the US. This is almost a reverse Frozen situation with Japan getting it pretty early (too early to build up hype?), and UK getting it so late. :P

I thought it was bad for me getting it 26th Decemeber lol. Just checked and saw that most of Europe get's it in Jan. 

Thanks for reminding me

a0dqovk.gif

• Like 2

With Russia getting this early there's some good news for me. Good english copies should be floating online a week after the US release.

The DVD screener will be out in December. There's no way I'm waiting until January.

With Russia getting this early there's some good news for me. Good english copies should be floating online a week after the US release.

The DVD screener will be out in December. There's no way I'm waiting until January.

I hope you end up paying and seeing BH6 in a theater when it's released.

Otherwise Disney hates you. :P

Yeah, I may be wrong, but wasn't he the one who scoffed at other critics calling Frozen Disney's best since The Lion King and said it wasn't even better than Tangled?

To be fair Tangled was better than Frozen...

But those other tweets have reinvigorated hope.

• Like 2

Japan getting it early is really stupid since Frozen only closed like a month ago there. It will be like a whopping 3 months between, and I don't think the Japanese will be ready to make another Disney animated movie huge when Frozen mania still hasn't even died down there.

Just like Japan wasn't ready to make Maleficent huge while Frozen was still playing strong?

• Like 3

Here are some posts from somebody who works at a theater and has seen the movie at least twice now. Beware of spoilers--most are avoided or properly tagged here, but be very careful just in case (or avoid reading this altogether to be safe--you have been warned!). There is a big spoiler, although it is not specific, in the last post of the first thread (on the second page), so avoid reading that post if you don't wish to have the movie spoiled (I'm trying to avoid spoilers myself, but ran right into that one).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2245084/board/thread/235763998?p=1

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2245084/board/thread/235557211?p=1

Edited by Melvin Frohike
  • Like 1

Hopefully we be getting a TON of early reviews from Russia when it is released there.

February 15th in France :mellow::unsure:

I wanted to watch it as a Christmas movie :(

I wish Disney had pushed Frozen as hard as they are now doing for BH6 in the marketing in the few weeks before their movie releases. All of BH6's commercials on television are way better than Frozen ever got.

Imagine how much better Frozen's opening weekend would have been if they made that movie more appealing in all the TV spots instead of constantly pushing Olaf in the marketing. <_<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe2fqoy0L_s

These guys are like the technological Muses, but with each representing not only a particular field but also personifying a particular aspect of or attitude that "nerds" have toward their pursuits. GoGo is about refinement and maximizing performance (never satisfied), Wasabi is about order and precision (could lead to various neuroses), Honey is about passion and enthusiam (even without a forehead--it comes and goes ;)), and Fred is...Fred (represents crazy ideas, I guess).

Hiro, being the protagonist, is of course going to be less of an archetype or caricature, but nevertheless he seems to represent competitive drive that must be given direction and purpose. And Baymax (and Tadashi by extension), in addition to adaptability, represents the human aspect of technology, ironically enough--we should always remember what all of this is ultimately about.

Edited by Melvin Frohike
  • Like 2