Neo

Mortal Kombat | April 23 2021 | Warner Bros. | James Wan producing

21 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

This looks ok, but I'm confused as to why this isn't getting any sort of vitrol and people are just like "it's probably gonna be bad but I'll have fun watchin it" while PWSA's Monster Hunter film, which looked better than this too, got a shitton of hate? I do wonder if they'd just hate this too if PWSA's name was attached to it (eventhough the internet adores his Mortal Kombat film).

I'd say it's because PWSA is a Goddamn hack, almost everything he does is shit (except MK 1995 and Event Horizon) and Monster Hunter looked like it was going the Resident Evil route. I haven't seen it, but apparently, it really did. PWSA Resident Evil sucks bad.

This looks like a stupid movie (duh, it's Mortal Kombat), but at least not painful to the eyes with atrocious cinematography and boring desert landscapes (bad CGI tho). And while I'm not the kind of person who cares if a movie is faithful to the source material or not, it does help that, in case, it actually seems like it loves the source material - unlike Monster Hunter lol.

On 2/21/2021 at 3:40 PM, Valonqar said:

This looks like a fun stream. FL and ML look boring af but supporting cast is fun and Sub-Zero is a clear MVP. Surprisingly decent SFX. 

I dunno, whoever is playing Scorpion didn’t deliver his line correctly at the end, took away from it a little bit. Same with how the other guy said “Sub Zero”. 

Female lead is Sonya Blade btw. 

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

I dunno, whoever is playing Scorpion didn’t deliver his line correctly at the end, took away from it a little bit. Same with how the other guy said “Sub Zero”. 

Female lead is Sonya Blade btw. 

I don't know the game and its characters but from what I've seen from trailer, the leads seem generic and supporting cast fun. Maybe just a poor trailer presentation. Sonya was dumping a lot of expozzzition which is always thankless. 

Edited by Valonqar

On 2/28/2021 at 12:50 AM, Napoleon said:

I didn't know there was a Mortal Kombat cartoon in the 90s, I don't remember watching this when I was a kid

I used to watch this in the mornings lol. 

I didn’t realise until now it was so despised 😂

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

The trailer is fantastic and this likely would've made quite a bit of money, for the pandemic anyway. But WB somehow thinks there's more money to be made with a simultaneous release, which is just...illogical. 

Same as GvK - huge potential but overseas legs will be cut by piracy this week.

On 3/30/2021 at 9:21 PM, filmlover said:

April is gonna be really dead outside of this and Godzilla vs. Kong so smart to give them some breathing space, especially since summer movie season doesn't look like it will officially commence until Memorial Day weekend.

I think the studios are being very cautious about making post covd plans since doing so once blew up once in their face.

And they are looking at the  news from Michigan very closely.

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

I think the studios are being very cautious about making post covd plans since doing so once blew up once in their face.

And they are looking at the  news from Michigan very closely.

The way I see it is...what difference does it make? If their movies don't bring in what they want (relative to pandemic expectations), then just switch gears two or three weeks after and go ahead with streaming. Why not test the waters when you have nothing to lose?