2 hours ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Steven Yeun as Liu Kang

Chris Evans as Johnny Cage

Margot Robbie as Sonya

Michael B Jordan as Jax 

The guy that plays Euron from Game of Thrones as Kane

Henry Golding as King Lao

Jason Momoa as Shao Kahn

If you shaved Jason Momoa, I almost feel like he’d look like a Hawaiian Brian Thompson. Lol

I of course immediately thought of Margot Robbie for Sonya as well.

If I were to cast Chris Evans, I'd probably make him Kurtis Stryker while I'd put Zac Efron for Johnny Cage. I'd probably also have Travis Fimmel as Kano if we're keeping him Aussie. And you gotta go older than Liu Kang for Kung Lao so get Donnie Frickin Yen.

Crapshoots on Raiden, Shang Tsung, Scorpion and Sub-Zero, though. Getting Ian Anthony Dale back as Scorpion would be great, though.

Edited by Jay Beezy

17 hours ago, Jay Beezy said:

That’s a bit too close to the first movie.

Well that is the plot of the first game, there's nothing wrong with throwing in some characters from MK2 into the first game's events. Just don't make it focused on an OC when people want to see characters from the games.

20 hours ago, stealthyfrog said:

They can use the theme in one of the last trailers to send the hype train to the moon.

Shoot they already have a trailer theme already made, and it's hype as hell.

But no matter what year it is, this has to be how the movie starts. 

Edited by Cappoedameron

31 minutes ago, Galactic Specter said:

Well that is the plot of the first game, there's nothing wrong with throwing in some characters from MK2 into the first game's events. Just don't make it focused on an OC when people want to see characters from the games.

Ah, I guess I assumed that all the characters were unique and were in the tournament for their own reasons instead of being on sides. Like Scorpion wasn't a villain so much as an antihero who's in the tournament to get revenge on the evil Sub-Zero, the original backstory before they introduced Quan Chi. The original movie just made him a villain servant alongside Sub-Zero while only briefly mentioning the rivalry.

I mean they did explore backstories in Legacy.

The game, if you think about it, is at first structured like a Hunger Games in the sense that all warriors from the Earthrealm fight to kill each other. Then the Earthrealm champion takes on Outworld's champions (i.e. Goro, Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn, etc.).

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 1

The upcoming reboot of “Mortal Kombat” has a release date. On Friday, Warner Bros. announced that the film, produced by “Aquaman” director James Wan and based on the hugely successful video game franchise, will hit theaters March 5, 2021.

https://www.thewrap.com/mortal-kombat-warner-bros-sets-spring-2021-release-for-james-wan-produced-film/

Vs He-Man

Edited by Ryan Reynolds
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

The upcoming reboot of “Mortal Kombat” has a release date. On Friday, Warner Bros. announced that the film, produced by “Aquaman” director James Wan and based on the hugely successful video game franchise, will hit theaters March 5, 2021.

https://www.thewrap.com/mortal-kombat-warner-bros-sets-spring-2021-release-for-james-wan-produced-film/

Vs He-Man

I can see the clubs happening now.

2 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Vs He-Man

Odd that they chose that date when Masters of the Universe was just put there. We'll see who flinches.

Warner Bros. is really smart to fast-track this film's production. The reemergence of Mortal Kombat in the video game industry has been very successful for Warner Bros Interactive--the publisher--and Mortal Kombat 11 was well receved enough as to where going ahead and giving a Mortal Kombat film a try would definitely be worth it. Very excited to see how it turns out.

• Like 1

This film is being shot in my city. Local news and reporters have been talking about it constantly and that it'll inject $70m into our economy. I know nothing about the film although my dad has signed up to be an extra in it when they go to shoot :P

EDIT: I also know some people who will be working on it so I might be able to get insider info.

Edited by BlueCore
  • Like 2