Neo

Mortal Kombat | April 23 2021 | Warner Bros. | James Wan producing

On 8/27/2019 at 3:54 PM, TMP said:

Getting a first time director for this though, hmm... 

Kinda weird to me they can't get more established directors to sign onto these video game adaptations. Justin Kurzel, Roar Uthaug (I liked Tomb Raider, but still), Christoph Gans, Scott Waugh, now Simon McQuoid? 

8 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

Kinda weird to me they can't get more established directors to sign onto these video game adaptations. Justin Kurzel, Roar Uthaug (I liked Tomb Raider, but still), Christoph Gans, Scott Waugh, now Simon McQuoid? 

The whole crew and cast screams cost saving (like I get it that its a multi-starrer but there's hardly any heavy hitter in any front aside from Wan right now).

I know this is no Avengers level casting bankroll but lmao where is the budget going then (coz frankly everyone up till now is either relatively unknown or low key tv star)

18 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

The whole crew and cast screams cost saving (like I get it that its a multi-starrer but there's hardly any heavy hitter in any front aside from Wan right now).

I know this is no Avengers level casting bankroll but lmao where is the budget going then (coz frankly everyone up till now is either relatively unknown or low key tv star)

Hiroyuki Sanada isn't cheap nor unknown.

Getting actors who know how to actually fight isn't cost saving, it's making the movie more authentic. Plus, how many famous asian actors are out there? Like, Shang Chi only stars one famous Asian actor and it's a Marvel movie.

11 hours ago, Galactic Specter said:

They're gonna be in the post-credits stinger I bet.

Maybe for Johnny Cage, I guess they’re gonna cast an A list celebrity or well known actor for that role since Johnny is basically that type of personality. Still, he’s a major secondary character, basically since day one.

Why are they going to bring in Mileena but not Kitana? Kitana is a much more important and bigger character, she’s Liu Kang’s love interest! 😂 

I guess the only explanation is that unlike the games, Liu Kang won’t be the main character in this film.