Neo

Mortal Kombat | April 23 2021 | Warner Bros. | James Wan producing

Just struck me one problem is they keep making video game movies out of the video games that have the least potential for being a good movie because they have little plot.

Ironic that the Bioshock movie fell through, since that is one game I think has enough material and story to make a good movie.

THE FLASH  - BOO! lame ass superheroes; they keep getting movies - even the most boring ones, like the Flash

THE UNTITLED MATRIX FILM - WTF

MORTAL KOMBAT - BOO!! stop making videogame movies - they will always, inescapably fail; and this here is the WORST game EVER!!

THE UNTITLED FRED HAMPTON PROJECT - I don't even know who that homie is

AKIRA - great; ONE good movie on their list - and they remove it... f*ck WB

• Haha 1

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 5:43 PM, SpiderByte said:

want to believe moving to January is because they want to get out of Shang-Chi's way but...there's a lot of history of January being just a "fuck it lets pray it makes money" month.

Yeah, January has always been pretty much a dump month,the exception being films that got a limited release in the Holidays opening wide.

With good marketing and music (gimme that damn classic catchy theme song, its an all time great), this could actually be a decent hit. No one goes to a movie like this for the plot. If the marketing makes it look cool, that'll be good enough!

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 12:07 PM, JGAR4LIFE said:

The only good thing I see is James Wan producing. 

Everyone else are either unknowns, c-list actors from TV, and then there’s Lewis Tan.

Wan's record as a director is solid, but as a producer less so. Too many Wan produced but not directed films have been "meh".