diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

On 10/07/2017 at 4:07 PM, Rsyu said:

lqhHQtT.jpg

BP Monday 240k, presales 48k. Given Homecoming was released in summer, this is fantastic news! 

Also BPs hold was even better since Homecoming had a much larger Sunday. 

And with no seemingly strong competition this week (next biggest pres are 11k and 10k), BP could have a great hold this weekend.

• Like 2

On 2/18/2018 at 10:05 PM, Fish&chips said:

Haha yup it’s me, wonder what gave it away :P

my rsyu account got a security question I never set slapped on it and the account recovery email never arrived so I kinda gravitated away from posting. 

Thanks for the warm welcome though :) happy lunar new years to you too! 

Oh hooray,

Would you like the Rysu account back? I can get an admin on it for you.

On 11/07/2017 at 4:07 PM, Rsyu said:

EykLKUX.jpg

Black Panther:

Tuesday - 170,760 adm. (-21% from yesterday) - $1.244m

Total so far - 3,509,191 adm. with $28.18m

Presales - 56,547 (with competition of 15.5k and 8k)

Lagging behind Homecoming again, but yesterday was a holiday of some sort I guess and cannot compare to Homecoming's Summer Weekdays. Regardless of that it's still incredible that within a week it's made $28m - absolutely fantastic!

• Like 5
  • Astonished 1

On 12/07/2017 at 4:07 PM, Rsyu said:

SnfdE1t.jpg

Black Panther:

Wednesday Admissions: 150,260 (down 12%!) or $1.11m

Total so far: 3,659,848 adm. and $29.24m

Overall a good drop from yesterday, SM:H fell harder after an increase yesterday. Competition for Panther is greater as 2-5 did 112k admissions, compared to just 73k for Homecoming. Riding close in dollar though due to better exchange rate :D

Presales: BP at 63,822, slightly less than SM:H but with less competition in presales.

Overall things are looking good for BP, as these weekdays aren't summer days, I'd say Wakanda is holding on well.

• Like 8

On 13/07/2017 at 4:07 PM, Rsyu said:

eAiQPNx.jpg

Black Panther:

127,152 adm. ($925,796) for a -15.6% drop from yesterday, practically identical to Homecoming.

Total so far: 3,787,353 adm. ($29.95m)

Presales: 83,336

Looking at a weaker second weekend hold than Homecoming possibly. Depends on walk-ups at the weekend, especially since weekdays are smaller as it's not summer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Proxima Olive said:

Really suprised by Oh Dal-soo's news, he seems to have been a big box office draw.

Yeah...he was the first actor to 100 million admissions, albeit most of it as a supporting actor and he had a clean image. Career is pretty much done now. Wonder if there will be any more bombshells

• Like 1

Black Panther week-by-week numbers (admissions)

Week one (Lunar new year): 3,094,737
Week two: 1,398,930

Week three has March 1st as a holiday (3.1 movement holiday) which saw a daily increase of 31.1% on wednesday (2.28) in anticipation of the non-work day the day after. Week three so far has shown drops of 50~60% on Monday to Tuesday. So factoring in a possible post-holiday slump on Fri~Sun to say ~70% weekly drop, week three's rough estimate would come to something approximating 735K admissions, leading to a lifetime number of around 5.5M admissions. In this scenario 6M admissions will most likely happen and it should end it's run just shy of 6.5M admissions

People who hoped for an Avengers-grade performance following the huge OD may be a little deflated by this figure, and yes the box office run hasn't been the leggiest, but there are numerous counterpoints to this:

(a) Black Panther is a non-sequel and a relatively new character in the MCU, especially for the Korean audience

(b) The huge OD was heavily inflated, due in large part to its being release on Valentines day leading up to the Lunar new years holiday

(c) It will end it's run as the fourth biggest February release at the very least with a decent shot at 3rd.

(d) It will finish as the 6th biggest MCU gross, after only the two avenger movies, CW (basically an Avenger movie in itself), Homecoming and IM3 in all of which the characters/theme the audience were pretty familiar with. 

On 2018. 2. 20. at 6:42 PM, chasmmi said:

Oh hooray,

Would you like the Rysu account back? I can get an admin on it for you.

Ah I missed reading this post earlier. Cheers for offering Chasmmi, but I'm comfortable using this account for now :)

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, Proxima Olive said:

may be earlier than US too, not confirmed

I thought you said, it was highly unlikely to have day and date release in China. With potential early release 2nd wkd could be huge with May day holiday.