diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

If China continues growing at its current pace then Mandarin might be the future.

No, it's just a myth, that won't happen, I studied that, and all linguistic experts are agree about this : Chinese language isn't the future for many reasons.-China is ageing fast, incredibly fast, it could have 900 million inhabitants in 2100, so it would lose 400 million inhabitants.In the other hand English language countries are young and grow very fast : the US could win 200 million inhabitants, Nigeria has 150 million inhabitants today but could reach 600 million in 2100 (+450m),UK should add 13 million inhabitants, Canada should add 20-25 million,Australia could add 15-20...And English language is an official language in India (it will be more populated than China in 2025),in Phillipines (95m today,150m+ in 2100),in Pakistan (180m today,380m in 2050), in Ne Zealand,Ireland,South Africa...and so on.And by the way 300 million Chinese people learned or learns English, the goal of the Chinese government is to reach 600 millions in 2025.-English is an easy language, particularly in Europe and latin america, Chinese is considered as very difficult, the easiness is a strength of the English language.-Chinese is a regional language geographically, culturally, it's very focused on Asia..English is an official language on all continents, in many cultures, it helped it to become the dominant language.Rusian language didn't succeed to become a global language for this reason, it's become a regional language,and declining by the way.

No chance for that to happen. First China wont continue growing, second Mandarin is quite hard for non-Chinese to learn, third English is already well established worldwide.

You understood :) I explained that before this answer of mine :P Chinese is a beautiful language, but it's impossible.Chinese will compete with Spanish,French and Arab to become the second most important language (and I know French language won't win lol).

No, it's just a myth, that won't happen, I studied that, and all linguistic experts are agree about this : Chinese language isn't the future for many reasons.-China is ageing fast, incredibly fast, it could have 900 million inhabitants in 2100, so it would lose 400 million inhabitants.In the other hand English language countries are young and grow very fast : the US could win 200 million inhabitants, Nigeria has 150 million inhabitants today but could reach 600 million in 2100 (+450m),UK should add 13 million inhabitants, Canada should add 20-25 million,Australia could add 15-20...And English language is an official language in India (it will be more populated than China in 2025),in Phillipines (95m today,150m+ in 2100),in Pakistan (180m today,380m in 2050), in Ne Zealand,Ireland,South Africa...and so on.And by the way 300 million Chinese people learned or learns English, the goal of the Chinese government is to reach 600 millions in 2025.-English is an easy language, particularly in Europe and latin america, Chinese is considered as very difficult, the easiness is a strength of the English language.-Chinese is a regional language geographically, culturally, it's very focused on Asia..English is an official language on all continents, in many cultures, it helped it to become the dominant language.Rusian language didn't succeed to become a global language for this reason, it's become a regional language,and declining by the way.

I cant agree any more. I see India will have more people than China by 2020. China will be an old country in 15~20 years. China will reach its summit in the 2020s and then it will start to fall. English is easy and is an language that has open source, while Chinese is not.
  • Like 1

You understood :) I explained that before this answer of mine :P Chinese is a beautiful language, but it's impossible.Chinese will compete with Spanish,French and Arab to become the second most important language (and I know French language won't win lol).

I think Chinese will lose to Spanish. English is all.

The rise of Chinese will more likely lead to a mass amount of loan/slang words infiltrating English like French, Latin, Portuguese, Hindi etc have done before.I saw Cabin in the woods on Sunday and the theatre was near empty (maybe 20 people) The most incredible thing this week though was that Lockout has finally disappeared!!! It outlasted MIB3, SWATH, Prometheus and more and I still have no idea what the hell it is.(I gets the feeling that Haywire is the replacement 'US film that nobody knows but somehow hangs onto a screen for 6 weeks movie')

Long time, back from vacation.

TDKR opened with huge number, around 440k admission and 2.76m USD.

So we can say, it is heading for around 1.8-1.9m admission and 11m USD. (4-day gross)

I see it can finish around $45m gross.

For other movies, TASM is having its late runs, currently total is around 4.59m admission and 34.4m USD.

Should finish just below 40m USD, where many users including me predicted.

Not many things to say, but Midnight In Paris is becoming sleeper hit.

It should be interesting where it will finish.

any big local tittles open next weeks?

Yes, big local movie called The Thieves coming next week. It features domestic all star cast and is from big distributor.This movie was anticipated to block TDKR go further from the first time. From reviews, seems like decent, crowd pleaser movie.This title is also anticipated to bring about 6 or 7 million admission or more. Edited by katyperry