diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

3 hours ago, imbruglia said:

endgame presale on april 16.

Dear god, just one week before. RIP the ticketing apps.

3 hours ago, pepsa said:

300k first day? Maybe a bit more 😛

Have we learned nothing from today, Pepsa? 450+ :hi5:

11 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Dear god, just one week before. RIP the ticketing apps.

Have we learned nothing from today, Pepsa? 450+ :hi5:

I am not so sure as you are :) IW had the last record with 120k right? But EG will be 7 days before release and IW was 10-11 days before release. Still SK is a market were MCU has been almost fully developed 10.5m Admission for AoU 11.5m for IW. So this might be the market where we have to be happy with a 5% increase. Whilst I think a lot of other markets have more room to grow. 

EDIT: If this does do 500k in it's first PS day (I do think it has a shot at this) that would be insane. 

Edited by pepsa

Just now, pepsa said:

I am not so sure as you are :) IW had the last record with 120k right? But EG will be 7 days before release and IW was 10-11 days before release. Still SK is a market were MCU has been almost fully developed 10.5m Admission for AoU 11.5m for IW. So this might be the market where we have to be happy with a 5% increase. Whilst I think a lot of other markets have more room to grow. 

Infinity War underperformed or AoU overperformed. Also if I am not wrong, gross is actually better by good margin. Inflation rate is high in SK?

9 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Infinity War underperformed or AoU overperformed. Also if I am not wrong, gross is actually better by good margin. Inflation rate is high in SK?

Inflation might be the cause.

I just want to say that SK is a devoloped market and AoU was already one of the biggest movies of all time (Hollywood movies, it was nr2 after Avatar).

Checking IW it was 11.2m. So IW Gained 11m from selling 0.7m tickets more. That would mean AoU 7.8$/ticket, IW had 8.3$/ticket. So I think EG will have a very hard time to get to 13m, 12.5m would be realistic if the movie has the bigged OW and is well received. 

Edited by pepsa