google-site-verification=EzRt-ZmNlc4J5RNLXiuJpAEGjNviG678nNB1w49cgZg Jump to content
diskojustice

South Korea Box Office | CGV closing 30% of locations.

Recommended Posts

I bagged two tickets :)

it was 383/383 when i went in and now it’s at  42/383. All in just 3 mins

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pepsa said:

It's running at 1k/min (start was slower than 1k/min so we might run at 1.3k we have 360 min from 6pm to midnight. Let's say it slows down a bit 280k-320k is looking likely I would say.

I think this only happens if they put their full slate up (or most of it). We had problem last year with AIW because they didn't release all showings so wasn't having massive increases. Also note premium's aren't released yet (Olive said 18th) so that might cause some slow. 

 

I hope it does hit 300k first day, or even approaches AIW on same day at 312k, but I'm not entirely sold on it yet :P 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the moment the 31k is just from Lotte and Megabox, doesn't look like it's added in CGV or others yet.

 

Screen count:

 

 
Screening movie theater Go to Booking
NeXT Entertainment World Co., Ltd. 3 movie theaters 9 screens Ticketing
CJ Olive Networks Co., Ltd. 10 movie theaters 15 screens Ticketing
Lotte Culture Works Lotte Cinema Co., Ltd. 70 movie theaters 282 screens Ticketing
Max Movie Co., Ltd. 1 movie theater 3 screens Ticketing
Megabox Co., Ltd. 38 movie theaters 114 screens Ticketing
Interpark Co., Ltd. 2 movie theaters 2 screens Ticketing
Small Cinema Social Cooperative 2 movie theaters 2 screens Ticketing
  • Astonished 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

At the moment the 31k is just from Lotte and Megabox, doesn't look like it's added in CGV or others yet.

 

Screen count:

 

 
Screening movie theater Go to Booking
NeXT Entertainment World Co., Ltd. 3 movie theaters 9 screens Ticketing
CJ Olive Networks Co., Ltd. 10 movie theaters 15 screens Ticketing
Lotte Culture Works Lotte Cinema Co., Ltd. 70 movie theaters 282 screens Ticketing
Max Movie Co., Ltd. 1 movie theater 3 screens Ticketing
Megabox Co., Ltd. 38 movie theaters 114 screens Ticketing
Interpark Co., Ltd. 2 movie theaters 2 screens Ticketing
Small Cinema Social Cooperative 2 movie theaters 2 screens Ticketing

so its more than 31k ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

At the moment the 31k is just from Lotte and Megabox, doesn't look like it's added in CGV or others yet.

 

Screen count:

 

 
Screening movie theater Go to Booking
NeXT Entertainment World Co., Ltd. 3 movie theaters 9 screens Ticketing
CJ Olive Networks Co., Ltd. 10 movie theaters 15 screens Ticketing
Lotte Culture Works Lotte Cinema Co., Ltd. 70 movie theaters 282 screens Ticketing
Max Movie Co., Ltd. 1 movie theater 3 screens Ticketing
Megabox Co., Ltd. 38 movie theaters 114 screens Ticketing
Interpark Co., Ltd. 2 movie theaters 2 screens Ticketing
Small Cinema Social Cooperative 2 movie theaters 2 screens Ticketing

5 minutes later 42k....

 

 
Screening movie theater Go to Booking
NeXT Entertainment World Co., Ltd. 3 movie theaters 10 screens Ticketing
CJ Olive Networks Co., Ltd. 17 movie theaters 28 screens Ticketing
Lotte Culture Works Lotte Cinema Co., Ltd. 77 movie theaters 317 screens Ticketing
Max Movie Co., Ltd. 1 movie theater 4 screens Ticketing
Megabox Co., Ltd. 45 movie theaters 143 screens Ticketing
Interpark Co., Ltd. 2 movie theaters 2 screens Ticketing
Small Cinema Social Cooperative 2 movie theaters 2 screens Ticketing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, john2000 said:

so its more than 31k ?

By the looks of it, Lotte and Megabox make up about 55% (looking at other movies) of screens. 

 

So potentially we're technically already over 60-70k probably, but waiting on system to update and filter through. 

 

Hopefully by end of day the showings will be added in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, feasby007 said:

By the looks of it, Lotte and Megabox make up about 55% (looking at other movies) of screens. 

 

So potentially we're technically already over 60-70k probably, but waiting on system to update and filter through. 

 

Hopefully by end of day the showings will be added in.

wow endgame is crashing it rip 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, feasby007 said:

50k already! In 45 minutes

excuse me but what was iw first day ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Matthew said:

Shazam has fallen behind CM.. Did CM got boost or something? Anybody have any idea. 

not really.. jsut shazam being.. unpopular. it was #10 on monday boxoffice behind Us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, john2000 said:

excuse me but what was iw first day ? 

 

42 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mpf92NunqhPZOQkYsA3479cMmcBW80Dn0cK8HjlN0v8/edit#gid=238579431

 

Got the table all setup, a very short presale run. Depending on screens I'd hope it would match IW's 100k in first day (although think IW had more time on first day), maybe it'll go crazy like China and match IW's equivalent D-07??

 

Movie
Endgame Infinity War Age of Ultron
Share Tickets Share Tickets Share Tickets
D-13 --- --- --- --- 0.4% 513
D-12 --- --- --- --- 2.6% 4,286
D-11 --- --- 34.7% 106,782 10.7% 13,215
D-10 --- --- 50.9% 151,194 45.2% 25,412
D-09 --- --- 82.3% 195,842 52.6% 52,621
D-08 --- --- 82.8% 255,893 60.5% 89,148
D-07     83.1% 312,278 74.6% 202,790
D-06     83.6% 381,412 74.2% 254,789
D-05     83.0% 441,715 72.0% 304,101
D-04     80.0% 521,066 78.9% 355,901
D-03     83.8% 587,489 93.6% 436,244
D-02     92.1% 684,782 93.5% 564,163
D-01     93.3% 869,316 94.3% 723,132
D-00     96.5% 1,156,280 95.9% 935,461

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

5 minutes later 42k....

 

 
Screening movie theater Go to Booking
NeXT Entertainment World Co., Ltd. 3 movie theaters 10 screens Ticketing
CJ Olive Networks Co., Ltd. 17 movie theaters 28 screens Ticketing
Lotte Culture Works Lotte Cinema Co., Ltd. 77 movie theaters 317 screens Ticketing
Max Movie Co., Ltd. 1 movie theater 4 screens Ticketing
Megabox Co., Ltd. 45 movie theaters 143 screens Ticketing
Interpark Co., Ltd. 2 movie theaters 2 screens Ticketing
Small Cinema Social Cooperative 2 movie theaters 2 screens Ticketing

56k now and CGV screens gradually adding (labelled CJ Olive in table):

 

 
Screening movie theater Go to Booking
NeXT Entertainment World Co., Ltd. 3 movie theaters 10 screens Ticketing
CJ Olive Networks Co., Ltd. 32 movie theaters 53 screens Ticketing
Lotte Culture Works Lotte Cinema Co., Ltd. 84 movie theaters 351 screens Ticketing
Max Movie Co., Ltd. 1 movie theater 4 screens Ticketing
Megabox Co., Ltd. 50 movie theaters 158 screens Ticketing
Interpark Co., Ltd. 2 movie theaters 2 screens Ticketing
Small Cinema Social Cooperative 2 movie theaters 2 screens Ticketing
  • Astonished 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, imbruglia said:

cgv is still off.  people can't buy toady's tickets. mess lol

not suprised anymore 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.