diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

8 hours ago, Borobudur said:

There is some spike in cases and cluster infection in Seoul area.....Please don't at this very moment.

Isn't the compliance rate to social distancing measures quite high in SK though? I have a feeling that it probably hasn't spread much outside of the church members, who seem to be some of the few people not complying. But good thing Seoul imposed more restrictions before it gets worse.

yep. one of big local movie released this week postponed the release.. 

tenet will be released but... 

we're in stage 2 now. (from 1~3) theater will be closed with stage 3.

and things are looking really bad as those crazy religious+alt right doing most with fake news and spreading corona in purpose to discredit current gov.

Edited by imbruglia
  • Sad 6
  • ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, imbruglia said:

yep. one of big local movie released this week postponed the release.. 

tenet will be released but... 

we're in stage 2 now. (from 1~3) theater will be closed with stage 3.

and things are looking really bad as those crazy religious+alt right doing most with fake news and spreading corona in purpose to discredit current gov.

well then ,lets hope that it doesnt come to this

ps good news are that yesterdays cases were way lower than the previous day, lets hope the trend continues on

Edited by john2000

15 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

So is South Korea a dead market for Tenet now? Just noticed that its presales decreased from over 50k to 43k.

Edit: And seems like it's still decreasing. I have a hard time seeing this release next week now.

it all depends on how it goest this week, they may delay it in the whole korea or only in seoul, we shall see

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

So is South Korea a dead market for Tenet now? Just noticed that its presales decreased from over 50k to 43k.

Edit: And seems like it's still decreasing. I have a hard time seeing this release next week now.

And it’s down to 40k.  This market was gonna be huge for Tenet. Hope they delay to a better time so it can earn closer to its true potential, rather than releasing it now and have it flop when people are afraid of the recent surge  of the pandemic 

Edited by RealLyre
  • Like 1

Ok, it seems like the decrease in ticket sales isn't because audiences are cancelling them but because cinemas are cancelling them so that they can rearrange seating with more social distancing measures. I heard cinemas that cancelled tickets for this weekend's preview screening and restarted booking are still selling out. Maybe @imbrugliacould corroborate what I just said but it might not be all doom and gloom.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Ok, it seems like the decrease in ticket sales isn't because audiences are cancelling them but because cinemas are cancelling them so that they can rearrange seating with more social distancing measures. I heard cinemas that cancelled tickets for this weekend's preview screening and restarted booking are still selling out. Maybe @imbrugliacould corroborate what I just said but it might not be all doom and gloom.

hopefully, still lets see how it goes this week in terms of cases before we can say for sure ( i imagine that if wb delays it , they will have announce it by sunday)

Edited by john2000

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

biggest and most popular Imax screen in korea cancelled all of tickets for new seat arrangement after current stage 2 mess.

tickets for this screen will be released again with new stronger social distancing seating again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, imbruglia said:

biggest and most popular Imax screen in korea cancelled all of tickets for new seat arrangement after current stage 2 mess.

tickets for this screen will be released again with new stronger social distancing seating again.

so the tickets that got cancelled, will be rearrange ,  but they still count in terms of presales  right ?