Jump to content
diskojustice

South Korea Box Office - Exit Opens Big, Aladdin still has an outside shot of beating Endgame

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, VTKajin said:

I think it's going to act like China. Lower presales but big buzz on opening leading to an overperformance + good legs. 

Aquaman presale is 25% below AntMan2,also behind SpiderMan:HC and Black panther.now it will be 125% Ahead of them.I don't expect those Crazy Number in SK.Aquaman cross more than JL/WW/SS is a good result 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A local musical movie  called Swing Kids from director of Sunny will open on Wed, plus new movie of Song Kangho and Aquaman.

BR may have trouble to reach 10M adm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, xxoo said:

How are presales for grinch ? 

Its presales are at 9827 so almost 10k. I don't know the normal PS for Illumination movies but if it was a WDA or a pixar movie this would be bad ps. But even if Illumination have great internal multipliers this won't be big. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Its presales are at 9827 so almost 10k. I don't know the normal PS for Illumination movies but if it was a WDA or a pixar movie this would be bad ps. But even if Illumination have great internal multipliers this won't be big. 

For comparison, Despicable Me 3 presales were at almost 123,000 the midnight before opening.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, KP1025 said:

For comparison, Despicable Me 3 presales were at almost 123,000 the midnight before opening.

Do we have presalles from not minion related Illumantion pictures? From Sing or SLOP? Because minions and DM3 were pretty big. The others I don't know, but surely they had more like 50k + presalles.

 

Anyway a low OD is expected then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

82.2k PS are the final PS for Aquaman So a good 56% bumb over yesterday. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Olive said:

A local musical movie  called Swing Kids from director of Sunny will open on Wed, plus new movie of Song Kangho and Aquaman.

BR may have trouble to reach 10M adm

Will the screen count for BP be kind to BP during Christimas and New Year holiday window? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Will the screen count for BP be kind to BP during Christimas and New Year holiday window? 

It will lose more than half screens today(Wed).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Olive said:

It will lose more than half screens today(Wed).

La la land holds well into the christimas and new year despite having lesser gross in the pre-christmas weekend. 

Hope the occupy rate could be higher so that we can continue to enjoy this legendary run in SK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aquaman Presale (final - midnight) - 82,268

 

Other recent SH movies PS (I dont know whether the final PS number was taken at midnight or on the OD itself. I am indicating which movie had their final PS reported at midnight like Aquaman above. I am not sure about the others but are most likely midnight as well)

 

Black Panther - 415,759 (midnight)

Ant Man 2 - 246,552 (midnight)

SMH - 242,444 (midnight)

Fantastic Beasts 2 - 225,904

BvS - 211,701

Guardian Vol.2 - 211,161 (midnight)

Suicide Squad - 159,190

Fantastic Beasts 1 - 142,000

Justice League - 97,284 (117,000 at 3pm on opening day)

Wonder Woman - 79,878

 

Aquaman is facing competition as there are 2 local movies opening tomorrow that currently have higher PS than Aquaman. Plus BR is still going strong. Aquaman will need strong ratings and WOM to do well here. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Aquaman Presale (final - midnight) - 82,268

 

Other recent SH movies PS (I dont know whether the final PS number was taken at midnight or on the OD itself. I am indicating which movie had their final PS reported at midnight like Aquaman above. I am not sure about the others but are most likely midnight as well)

 

Black Panther - 415,759 (midnight)

Ant Man 2 - 246,552 (midnight)

SMH - 242,444 (midnight)

Fantastic Beasts 2 - 225,904

BvS - 211,701

Guardian Vol.2 - 211,161 (midnight)

Suicide Squad - 159,190

Fantastic Beasts 1 - 142,000

Justice League - 97,284 (117,000 at 3pm on opening day)

Wonder Woman - 79,878

 

Aquaman is facing competition as there are 2 local movies opening tomorrow that currently have higher PS than Aquaman. Plus BR is still going strong. Aquaman will need strong ratings and WOM to do well here. 

 

 

hope it can at least do as well as past DC films 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Wotad said:

 

hope it can at least do as well as past DC films 

No DCEU movies did well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OD will be under Song Kangho's new movie.

By 3PM local time

CGV chain

Aquaman 45k

Drug King 59k (mediocre WOM ) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Olive said:

OD will be under Song Kangho's new movie.

By 3PM local time

CGV chain

Aquaman 45k

Drug King 59k (mediocre WOM ) 

Aquaman WOM isn't much better(8.69 vs 8.29 ).

Swing Kids 9.62!

Edited by efialtes76
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

9.62??? 😨 

 

1 hour ago, efialtes76 said:

Aquaman WOM isn't much better(8.69 vs 8.29 ).

Swing Kids 9.62!

How is Swing Kids performing box office-wise? The lead actor, Do Kyungsoo, was also the lead actor in a very hit recent tv series. I think some goodwill from that series will transfer to the movie. It also doesn't hurt that Swing Kids has a fantastic WOM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, efialtes76 said:

Aquaman WOM isn't much better(8.69 vs 8.29 ).

Swing Kids 9.62!

 

how does Aquamans WOM compare to previous DC film's.?? 

Edited by Wotad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aquaman OD - 143,713 (estimate)

 

OD of some other SH movies:-

 

Black Panther - 624,714

Spiderman Homecoming - 535,475

Doctor Strange - 431,188

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - 418,363

Thor Ragnarok - 413,552

Ant Man 2 - 404,165

Suicide Squad - 397,666

Fantastic Beasts 2 - 272,230

Batman v Superman - 219,794

Wonder Woman - 201,166

Man of Steel - 179,000

Justice League - 154,063

 

Aquaman early ratings - 8.95 (audience)/8.55 (netizen)

 

Early ratings of some other movies, (audience/netizen - both out of 10)

 

Spiderman Homecoming - 9.07/8.75

Wonder Woman - 8.56/8.11

Black Panther - 8.54/7.98

Justice League - 8.27/7.98

 

 

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.