Jump to content
diskojustice

South Korea Box Office - Exit Opens Big, Aladdin still has an outside shot of beating Endgame

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Aquaman OD - 143,713 (estimate)

 

OD of some other SH movies:-

 

Black Panther - 624,714

Spiderman Homecoming - 535,475

Doctor Strange - 431,188

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - 418,363

Thor Ragnarok - 413,552

Ant Man 2 - 404,165

Suicide Squad - 397,666

Fantastic Beasts 2 - 272,230

Batman v Superman - 219,794

Wonder Woman - 201,166

Man of Steel - 179,000

Justice League - 154,063

 

Aquaman early ratings - 8.95 (audience)/8.55 (netizen)

 

Early ratings of some other movies, (audience/netizen - both out of 10)

 

Spiderman Homecoming - 9.07/8.75

Wonder Woman - 8.56/8.11

Black Panther - 8.54/7.98

Justice League - 8.27/7.98

 

 

Presales

Aquaman- 85,019(yesterday was third)

Drug King-78,157

Swing Kids-72,893

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Aquaman OD - 143,713 (estimate)

 

OD of some other SH movies:-

 

Black Panther - 624,714

Spiderman Homecoming - 535,475

Doctor Strange - 431,188

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - 418,363

Thor Ragnarok - 413,552

Ant Man 2 - 404,165

Suicide Squad - 397,666

Fantastic Beasts 2 - 272,230

Batman v Superman - 219,794

Wonder Woman - 201,166

Man of Steel - 179,000

Justice League - 154,063

 

Aquaman early ratings - 8.95 (audience)/8.55 (netizen)

 

Early ratings of some other movies, (audience/netizen - both out of 10)

 

Spiderman Homecoming - 9.07/8.75

Wonder Woman - 8.56/8.11

Black Panther - 8.54/7.98

Justice League - 8.27/7.98

 

 

 

Thank you this is what i wanted so its doing better rating wise but lower OD i hope it has better legs. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Wotad said:

 

hope it can at least do as well as past DC films 

Yep.If Aquaman is better than JL,That's a good result 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rank Title Release Date Daily Gross
(Total)
Admissions
(Total)
Number of Screens Revenue Share
1 The Drug King

The Drug King

South Korea 

Dec 19, 2018 $1,300,010
($3,253,246)
178,608
(447,675)
1,295 35.82%
2 AQUAMAN

AQUAMAN

U.S.,Australia 

Dec 19, 2018 $955,636
($2,095,687)
128,265
(279,450)
1,056 26.33%
3 Swing Kids

Swing Kids

South Korea 

Dec 19, 2018 $517,613
($2,030,969)
77,467
(288,756)
978

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2018 at 4:30 PM, efialtes76 said:

Presales

Aquaman- 85,019(yesterday was third)

Drug King-78,157

Swing Kids-72,893

Aquaman-130,743

Drug King-88,205

Swing Kids-87,400

BR-40,876

Grinch-28,571

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

Aquaman-130,743

Drug King-88,205

Swing Kids-87,400

BR-40,876

Grinch-28,571

Pre sales for Friday?!

Edited by TigerPaw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Wotad said:

Aquaman seems to be doing decently right? 

Definitely gaining momentum. Only a 9% drop (the updated Thursday figure is $983,000) from OD where the other two major openers fell over 25%. Presales for Friday point to a big bump as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

Pre sales for Friday?!

I don't know how much are for Friday.

Audience rating increased to 9.03

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2nd day of some SH movies:-

 

Black Panther - 557,619 (-10.74%)

Spiderman - 405,459 (-26.8%)

Ant Man 2 -  299,650 (-25.85%)

Doctor Strange - 228,451 (-47.49%)

Suicide Squad - 255,185 (-35.83%)

Thor Ragnarok -  217,223 (-47.75%)

JL thursday - 163,742  (+6.5%)

Aquaman - 132,421 (-8.91%)

Wonder Woman - 116,916 (-43.5%)

 

Only JL seems to have managed an increase from its OD amongst these movies. Also Black Panthers hold is incredible in retrospect. I dont know if there was a holiday or anything on that Thursday but to open so huge and then have that great hold was amazing. 

 

Aquaman also had a good drop today, although it still lags behind most DCEU movies except Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman interestingly had the best legs of all DCEU movies from OW at 2.41 I think. Let’s see how Aquaman performs

 

Did not include BvS and GotG2 as their OD were not on Wednesday/had big previews on Day before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

2nd day of some SH movies:-

 

Black Panther - 557,619 (-10.74%)

Spiderman - 405,459 (-26.8%)

Ant Man 2 -  299,650 (-25.85%)

Doctor Strange - 228,451 (-47.49%)

Suicide Squad - 255,185 (-35.83%)

Thor Ragnarok -  217,223 (-47.75%)

JL thursday - 163,742  (+6.5%)

Aquaman - 132,421 (-8.91%)

Wonder Woman - 116,916 (-43.5%)

 

Only JL seems to have managed an increase from its OD amongst these movies. Also Black Panthers hold is incredible in retrospect. I dont know if there was a holiday or anything on that Thursday but to open so huge and then have that great hold was amazing. 

 

Aquaman also had a good drop today, although it still lags behind most DCEU movies except Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman interestingly had the best legs of all DCEU movies from OW at 2.41 I think. Let’s see how Aquaman performs

 

Did not include BvS and GotG2 as their OD were not on Wednesday/had big previews on Day before. 

JL OD begined at 3pm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

JL OD begined at 3pm.

Do you know why it began that late? Olive mentioned that the OD for JL could be inflated, despite a mild earthquake occurring that day, due to exams falling the next day. He also mentioned that holdovers also increased that Thursday which was a bit unusual so perhaps JL opening at 3 pm might not have affected it that much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mredblood said:

Any update Fir Box office

Aquaman will beat Drug King

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

2nd day of some SH movies:-

 

Black Panther - 557,619 (-10.74%)

Spiderman - 405,459 (-26.8%)

Ant Man 2 -  299,650 (-25.85%)

Doctor Strange - 228,451 (-47.49%)

Suicide Squad - 255,185 (-35.83%)

Thor Ragnarok -  217,223 (-47.75%)

JL thursday - 163,742  (+6.5%)

Aquaman - 132,421 (-8.91%)

Wonder Woman - 116,916 (-43.5%)

 

Only JL seems to have managed an increase from its OD amongst these movies. Also Black Panthers hold is incredible in retrospect. I dont know if there was a holiday or anything on that Thursday but to open so huge and then have that great hold was amazing. 

 

Aquaman also had a good drop today, although it still lags behind most DCEU movies except Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman interestingly had the best legs of all DCEU movies from OW at 2.41 I think. Let’s see how Aquaman performs

 

Did not include BvS and GotG2 as their OD were not on Wednesday/had big previews on Day before. 

why is there no date for Venom?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

why is there no date for Venom?

 

Completely forgot about tbat movie lol. 

It opened to a massive 740,536 admissions on OD (holiday I think) and then fell a massive 75.5% on the second day to 181,599 admissions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thursday:

1.Drug King -179,380

2.Aquaman -178,979

3.Swing Kids -93,740

4.Bohemian Rhapsody -57,964

 

presales

Aquaman-192,026

Drug King -110,727

Swing Kids-101,919

BR-57,094

Bumblebee-27,992

 

Edited by efialtes76
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dec 21, 2018 (Friday)
 
 
Rank Title Release Date Daily Gross
(Total)
Admissions
(Total)
Number of Screens Revenue Share
1 The Drug King

The Drug King

South Korea 

Dec 19, 2018 $1,465,509
($4,765,332)
181,899
(636,556)
1,284 31.49%
2 AQUAMAN

AQUAMAN

U.S.,Australia 

Dec 19, 2018 $1,445,246
($3,569,882)
181,029
(464,852)
1,112 31.05%
3 Swing Kids

Swing Kids

South Korea 

Dec 19, 2018 $676,987
($2,711,966)
94,178
(383,922)
982 14.54%
4 Bohemian Rhapsody

Bohemian Rhapsody

U.S. 

Oct 31, 2018 $458,001
($63,652,257)
58,476
(8,254,813)
633 9.84%
5 The Grinch

The Grinch

U.S. 

Dec 19, 2018 $116,365
($330,361)
19,121
(55,577)
557 2.5%
6 Take Point

Take Point

South Korea 

Dec 26, 2018 $83,321
($136,645)
12,731
(19,609)
66 1.79%
7 Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

U.S. 

Dec 12, 2018 $88,345
($3,581,964)
11,571
(489,773)
212 1.89%
8 Default

Default

South Korea 

Nov 28, 2018 $77,177
($27,055,016)
10,761
(3,696,576)
285 1.65%
9 Door Lock

Door Lock

South Korea 

Dec 05, 2018 $45,657
($11,166,319)
6,466
(1,531,498)
158 0.98%
10 The Nutcracker and the Four Realms

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms

U.S. 

Dec 06, 2018 $31,444
($3,264,910)
5,114
(449,308)
132 0.67%
11 Crayon Shin-chan: Burst Serving! Kung Fu Boys - Ramen Rebellion

Crayon Shin-chan: Burst Serving! Kung Fu Boys - Ramen Rebellion

Japan 

Dec 19, 2018 $31,376
($109,050)
4,392
(16,087)
298 0.67%
12 Pokemon the Movie: The Power of Us

Pokemon the Movie: The Power of Us

Japan 

Dec 19, 2018 $25,916
($107,906)
3,625
(16,119)
312 0.55%
13 Elliot the Littlest Reindeer

Elliot the Littlest Reindeer

Canada 

Dec 12, 2018 $7,942
($341,441)
1,658
(55,310)
29 0.17%
14 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

U.S. 

Dec 25, 2018 $12,193
($28,092)
1,348
(3,336)
10 0.26%
15 Life Is Fruity

Life Is Fruity

Japan 

Dec 06, 2018 $7,396
($126,510)
1,060
(18,871)
44 0.15%
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.