diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

It’s the first day of New Years celebration, so I think that’s a good number, staying almost flat. Not sure about the South Koreans but my experience is that first day of New Years is for family/friends at home. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

How is this in comp to other mcu movies?

27 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

Hmmm flat from Thursday.

I think it depends on how you look at it. In general, 550K admissions would be solid numbers for any of the MCU bar Avengers/Iron man and especially for a new installment to the franchise. In that context it's doing better than expected while falling a little below the top tier marvel movies (In terms of purely box office receipts). 

Every single day has been a holiday up to now so it could be that weekend numbers might not increase all that much from what we've already seen thus far. Just a hunch. 

We'll probably have to see how it performs outside the holiday frame though to get a clearer idea. 

Edited by Fish&chips
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Fish&chips said:

Black Panther Friday

Admissions: 554,701 / Total: 1,752,062

Gross: $4.67M / Total: $14.0M

On 07/07/2017 at 4:06 PM, Rsyu said:

aXrLsJQ.png

Comparison to Homecoming, Black Panther increased less from Thursday. Also be warned that Friday was a holiday for BP but was not for Homecoming (although spidey had summer weekdays). It should be noted that presales are only about 300k, lagging behind homecoming a fair bit. When the weekend comes in below homecoming, don't be disappointed as this week is Lunar holidays, so bigger weekdays were always expected.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fish&chips said:

This too. 

You know, I always meant to ask, you’re not Rsyu, right? He’s another valuable member who always provided us with insights and numbers from SK box office too. But I haven’t seen him for a while and was thinking maybe something went wrong with his account. Sorry for the random question haha.

But anyway, base on the number of posts, I’m assuming you’re new to the forum. Yet you’re already a very valuable member in my book. Thanks for all the sharing of SK BO numbers and providing helpful contexts to those numbers. 

Happy Lunar New Year! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sam said:

You know, I always meant to ask, you’re not Rsyu, right? He’s another valuable member who always provided us with insights and numbers from SK box office too. But I haven’t seen him for a while and was thinking maybe something went wrong with his account. Sorry for the random question haha.

But anyway, base on the number of posts, I’m assuming you’re new to the forum. Yet you’re already a very valuable member in my book. Thanks for all the sharing of SK BO numbers and providing helpful contexts to those numbers. 

Happy Lunar New Year! 

Rsyu said he had problems accessing his account after the new password upgrade.   Others had the same issue and had to get in contact with the mods (Watterbottle I think) to gain access to their account again.

• Like 2

On 08/07/2017 at 4:07 PM, Rsyu said:

yaYuWFJ.jpg

Black Panther early estimates: 

720,193 ($5.9m)

Smaller than Homecoming, but still an excellent result. Presales at 214,328, quite a bit less than Homecoming.

Totals so far: $20,028,467 and 2,480,051 admissions

• Like 8

On 2018. 2. 17. at 12:44 AM, Sam said:

Happy Lunar New Year! 

Haha yup it’s me, wonder what gave it away :P

my rsyu account got a security question I never set slapped on it and the account recovery email never arrived so I kinda gravitated away from posting. 

Thanks for the warm welcome though :) happy lunar new years to you too! 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Fish&chips said:

Haha yup it’s me, wonder what gave it away :P

my rsyu account got a security question I never set slapped on it and the account recovery email never arrived so I kinda gravitated away from posting. 

Thanks for the warm welcome though :) happy lunar new years to you too! 

Yay! Excellent to hear you're back :D 

Welcome home! Hopefully you don't get locked out this time

• Thanks 1

On 09/07/2017 at 4:07 PM, Rsyu said:

Nm13PuP.jpg

Black Panther:

Sunday: 588,897+ admissions ($4.8m+) (Will go up slightly later

- 20% drop from Saturday (Although will go up a little later, so more like 18% drop)

- Steeper drop than Homecoming, seems more frontloaded

3-day Weekend: 1,890,872+ admissions ($15.6m+)

- 2nd best OW (3-day) for February Releases

- 5th best OW (3-day) for MCU

Total up to now: 3,088,238+ admissions ($25.0m+)

- Very similar in dollar but down in admissions (Thank you exchange rates!)

On the upside though, Presales are at 52k+, higher than Homecoming even with summer weekdays. So there's hope for good WOM. Also no comparable "A Taxi Driver" is releasing at the moment, so hopes for BP for strong holds.

Other Marvels:

6cqunzh.jpg&key=c9b734d52358eaeb5e522447

Edited by feasby007
  • Like 9
  • Astonished 1