diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

Just now, titanic2187 said:

Korean love to musical reached new height! they give almost three 10m admission grosser to musicals in the span 12 months!  

This make me even more wonder how BATB didn't really click here, to some extent TLK, too

Maybe their soundtrack didn't take off to the same degree because they lacked a popular and catchy song.

1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

Korean love to musical reached new height! they give almost three 10m admission grosser to musicals in the span 12 months!  

This make me even more wonder how BATB didn't really click here, to some extent TLK, too

The top 5 this year is probably going to average over 13M. That is nutter butters.

2 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

BATB is probably my favourite Disney movie and even I don't know any songs. Those songs are a bit old school and difficult to remember for non native people. Same with TLK. I only remember Hakuna matata.

5 hours ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Nope, on the contrary.  Here’s today:  

1 Frozen 2

Frozen 2

U.S. 

Nov 21, 2019 $7,081,307
($60,715,076)
(8,583,630)
2,351 78.79%
2 Bring Me Home

Bring Me Home

South Korea 

Nov 27, 2019 $776,717
($3,114,347)
(461,107)
769 8.64%
3 BLACK MONEY

BLACK MONEY

South Korea 

Nov 13, 2019 $593,106
($16,175,846)
(2,259,051)
715 6.59%
4 CRAWL

CRAWL

U.S. 

Nov 27, 2019 $168,194
($752,861)
(109,574)
557 1.87%
5 Love at Second Sight

Love at Second Sight

Belgium,France 

Nov 27, 2019 $91,902
($369,122)
(54,212)
141 1.02%

So a roughly 2.59M 2nd weekend, -32.4%.     

As for Monday, the CGV PS are 31k.   

Conservatively, PSm may be flat from last Mon or even drop a little, giving as low as 200k (-42% weekly).  

Optimistically it could have the same PSm bump from a Sunday as last Mon did, giving 245k (-31% weekly).   

I will actually forecast a modest PSm growth, 113k final CGV, 225k admits for -36% weekly.

Monday should drop a bit more than the 31%, monday  after OW is inflated, tuesday should see a great hold.

1 hour ago, PKMLover said:

So this week (3rd week) is the most important week for F2 as it can decide whether the movie will have good legs or not? 

:jeb!:

Hope it can get around 45% drop 

:kitschjob:

Well, in a sense the first 10 days were the most important part since they’ll provide like 2/3rds of the gross. But I think this 2nd Mon-Sun week will give a good indication of how the later legs will be, which could be “important” for whether it ranks like, 15th, or 3rd.   

Today looking like a 39% drop in early hours, and I agree with Pepsa that the weekly hold will improve tomorrow. So good start to the week, but weekend drop may be higher than weekdays.    

Ford v Ferrari and Knives Out come out Wednesday, won’t be an issue unless they get redonkulous WOM and break out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Well, in a sense the first 10 days were the most important part since they’ll provide like 2/3rds of the gross. But I think this 2nd Mon-Sun week will give a good indication of how the later legs will be, which could be “important” for whether it ranks like, 15th, or 3rd.   

Today looking like a 39% drop in early hours, and I agree with Pepsa that the weekly hold will improve tomorrow. So good start to the week, but weekend drop may be higher than weekdays.    

Ford v Ferrari and Knives Out come out Wednesday, won’t be an issue unless they get redonkulous WOM and break out.

The good thing is both movies a totaly different target audience so even if they break out Frozen won't be hurt by it that much.

17 minutes ago, pepsa said:

EDIT: holidays will help hugely for weekdays.

we have little reference on how November player play into December holiday season, closest  we have was last year BR.

BR holds well througout December til year-end holiday despite have been month plus in theater but last year year-end holiday was calmer thanks to no local breakout. (Usually year-end will have at least one mega local breakout).

Anyway, I have a trick for Disney so that Frozen 2 can play well this year-end season

Spoiler

Sing-along version

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PKMLover said:

I hope everything will be ok, please dont cut Frozen 2 screens please. It is on its way to make history...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-hit-anti-trust-complaint-south-korea-frozen-2-monopoly-1258631

At least wait for the week after this week, when F2 already made near $80M

"That same month National Assembly Representative Woo Sang-ho of the ruling Democratic Party of Korea floated a bill that states the percentage of any film being shown at any multiplex theater cannot surpass 50 percent during prime moviegoing hours, defined as between 1 p.m. and 11 p.m. The bill is currently pending in the National Assembly."

1 hour ago, UserHN said:

"That same month National Assembly Representative Woo Sang-ho of the ruling Democratic Party of Korea floated a bill that states the percentage of any film being shown at any multiplex theater cannot surpass 50 percent during prime moviegoing hours, defined as between 1 p.m. and 11 p.m. The bill is currently pending in the National Assembly."

Stupid, awful, atrocious, ignorant, completely wrongheaded Bill. I hope enough other assembly members have good sense to prevent it becoming law.

• Like 2

75% would be okay I guess. But really high numbers are only achieved very rarely when huge movies are coming out. It’s basic supply and demand. Theaters meeting the natural demand isn’t a problem, government artificially restricting people’s access to the movie’s that they’re interested in is. Completely misguided, as I said earlier. 

• Like 1