diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

25 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Naver verified up to 9.1, the early 1 getting washed away.   

OTOH, initial egg comes in at 91%. I take egg a bit more seriously but both are still liable to move around a fair bit.   

As far as daily pace it’s about normal, maybe slightly slower than hoped. Don’t know exactly how evening it will skew but would adjust expectations to 140s. With discounted tickets thanks to culture day should be ~$900k

I am seeing Naver at 9.48. But it has so few reviews that it does not matter if its 1 or 10. 

https://search.naver.com/search.naver?sm=top_sug.pre&fbm=0&acr=1&acq=tenet&qdt=0&ie=utf8&query=tenet

54 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Shit I missed its Culture day today so tickets will be cheaper and OD will be more frontloaded. Updated prediction $825k OD and $6.35mn weekend ($7mn including previews).

That is not good. At all.

• ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

13 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Egg isn't all that encouraging. Just 91%.

Yup, don't think it's bad but still good I guess. Review in Naver has many 9 or 10 but those 1 or 2 reviews that drag the number down.

Seems like for some they really like and love the action and the spectacle. Few of those who rate 1 or 2 seems hate it because they think the movie is over complicate many things. Need to see if many are curious to see or many like to see this again. 

For now I guess $15m is the most realistic finish with $20m is the target.

Edited by RJ 95
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

lifetime?:dunce:

Yeah lifetime, don't know if lack of competitor in next few weeks gonna affect that but so far I think that's the target.

For Tenet seems like it needs to have good run in Europe, fortunately OD in many Europe big market is very good. Just hope that it will have good rating from audience in China. If China can deliver then maybe over 400m finish still likely. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

15-20 is where I've been thinking for a while. Definitely seems like it got its wings clipped from the covid resurgence. 

Seems like restriction in Seoul really taking big effect into it. Seoul probably at least account half of SK theater. I just hoping it can get on the upper end.