diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I guess that someone here would be me. Interstellar had 4 days weekend of $13.5mn with 4.75k shows a day. 

TENET with 9k shows a day for 5 days doing around same wasn't all that crazy with around 10-15% inflation.

You need to analyze the current circumstances. The screens are in limited capacity and perhaps people are buying more in pre-sales to avoid crowding and sold outs, since the screens are in limited capacity. Things to consider.

2 minutes ago, Litio said:

perhaps people are buying more in pre-sales to avoid crowding and sold outs, since the screens are in limited capacity

No such thing happening actually. The local films we tracked in last month had perfectly normal PSm.

Covid is the reason expectations were $13mn, without Covid perhaps $17-20mn, considering the increase in release size & inflation.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1

Hah, beaten by matter of minutes.   

PSm is going from about 2x yesterday to about 4x today, will need to keep this in mind for future culture day openers since it's very unlike non culture day opener patterns.   

I will be a bit more conservative with 80k today, should be about 500k for 3-day and a Sun cume of 6-7 with sneaks.

Unless atmosphere worsens appreciably in next 3 days, I couldn't comment on hoe plausible that is or not.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Unless there is some mistake in day 2, Korea I lost interest tracking TENET there. Day 3 PS are shitty like Day 2. At this rate expecting something like 550-575k 5 days admits and $4mn weekend, $4.7mn including previews.

So CGV finaled at 45k, that should go for 89-90k Korea. ATP from pre-sales look huge so expecting $790-800k today.

so what was that , i am confused

45 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Unless there is some mistake in day 2, Korea I lost interest tracking TENET there. Day 3 PS are shitty like Day 2. At this rate expecting something like 550-575k 5 days admits and $4mn weekend, $4.7mn including previews.

Well this an absolute rollercoaster tbh. At this rate we are better off waiting for actuals.

CGV seems to be all over the place moved  from 90k to 79k!!

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

So CGV finaled at 45k, that should go for 89-90k Korea. ATP from pre-sales look huge so expecting $790-800k today.

Edit: WTF. CGV ratio simply making no sense. 79k only with CGV being 58%. @imbruglia Peninsula OD type error possible?

CGV has IMAX exclusive in Korea and TENET is famous for its Imax scenes.

and it make sense considering covid issues.. less avg locals but higher % of Cinephiles who want to see it on Imax. so higher on cgv PS, low on others.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Arendelle Legion said:

14k PS for Fri is pretty normal relatively to Thurs, low relative to Wed.    

Not sure if it can maintain that near 4x PSm, but if it does will be looking at ~96k. 

The strange thing is a 45k CGV and only getting to 78k, seems a bit bad tbh :(

18 minutes ago, pepsa said:

The strange thing is a 45k CGV and only getting to 78k, seems a bit bad tbh :(

I thought CGV ratio would rise from Wed’s 52%, so not that shocked. I think imbruglia’s explanation of being IMAX heavy and IMAX skewing CGV is compelling to make up the rest of the gap.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Arendelle Legion said:

I will be a bit more conservative with 80k today, should be about 500k for 3-day and a Sun cume of 6-7 with sneaks.

Unless atmosphere worsens appreciably in next 3 days

Me 11 hours ago

portending a debut around $6M-$7M (including previews) if it follows the trend of big recent titles — and if the market situation remains stable.

Deadline 20 minutes ago 😛 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I think this is missing $5mn weekend, infact even including Previews perhaps.

Deadline and I will both fall back on our caveat then 👀   

should have a good idea in just a handful of hours.