diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

8 minutes ago, Flip said:

any good comps for HDYL presales, Isaac? Also, if it's possible could you link me to whatever website or app is used to track presales?

https://www.kobis.or.kr/kobis/business/stat/boxs/findRealTicketList.do

Off the top of my head, i know Guardians 3 had ~270k presales at (D-0), so HDYL probably will be more than 2/3 if not 3/4 of that by release date which is quite good for an original anime film i'd say

• Like 1

On 4/22/2023 at 11:01 AM, GOGODanca said:

D-3

Super-Mario: 95,306

D-10

Guardians of the Galaxy 3: 28,102

The Boy and The Heron (D-3 taken sometime into the day): 148,170

At same time TBTH probably 45% ahead of Mario. Would suggest 130k OD but Mario had atrocious walkups (recovered over the weekend). Ahead of other movies like Eternals and GOTG3 (not same genre) which would point to over 200k OD. Lack of presale data for Slam Dunk and Suzume is hurting predicting this since those two would be good comps.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Flip said:

The Boy and The Heron (D-3 taken sometime into the day): 148,170

At same time TBTH probably 45% ahead of Mario. Would suggest 130k OD but Mario had atrocious walkups (recovered over the weekend). Ahead of other movies like Eternals and GOTG3 (not same genre) which would point to over 200k OD. Lack of presale data for Slam Dunk and Suzume is hurting predicting this since those two would be good comps.

running at around 30% of Frozen 2. That would be 180k OD. Maybe too early to say this without knowing reception, but minimum 4m admits seems a good bet. As always, legs will be the true teller of its performance.

• Like 2

It seems there are people like (really like it) and people don't like it. 

Among those who don't like it, they said it was beautiful but they didn't really (fully) understand the movie meaning, it was hard for them to understand its meaning. For me, this is still better than the "movie is easy to understand, it's just that the movie is actually bad"

Maybe critics's level can fully understand and admire the movie more.

1 hour ago, Issac Newton said:

Lea Michele Rip GIF

Hide contents

Scores are horrible. Lets wait for the day to end.

At least it is still doing well on the critics's review aspect. Not all Miyazaki's movies did well on the BO aspect. 

Edited by Danhjpn

38 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Good god 69% EGG. Can't remember the last time I've seen a big film with a score this low.

At this point I'm really curious to see what has made this film so divisive with audiences.

We should have saw this coming when it only did $50M in Japan (which is bad for him), it was reported that they didn’t really like it, and submitted perfect days for best international instead of this.

But still the chasm in difference between critic and audience reception everywhere is wild to see it.

Literally:

Masterpiece vs. It’s Completely Unwatchable