diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

I am probably not going to be posting on this forum, cause i am leaving on a hollyday with my famely. And no multimedia allowed so inless i can sneak in some were and get some internet today will be last day i ll follow the awesome run of IO (untill next week ofc) 

What do you think will be IO next week drop?

Biggest drop yet no doubt. Thinking something along the lines of OD numbers could happen for weekdays. 

I am probably not going to be posting on this forum, cause i am leaving on a hollyday with my famely. And no multimedia allowed so inless i can sneak in some were and get some internet today will be last day i ll follow the awesome run of IO (untill next week ofc) 

Hope you come back to some good numbers :)

Biggest drop yet no doubt. Thinking something along the lines of OD numbers could happen for weekdays. 

Hope you come back to some good numbers :)

It will have 100K days on monday and tuesday tought so thats that :D

133K admisison for IO this friday, last friday was 159K so it's down 26k and had a bad friday increase.

Still on track for a +700K weekend and a 3.2M total afther sunday. Probably going down to 450K next weekend for a total of 4M :D

• Like 1

Friday Box Office (July 24) 

(*optimized for the IP board blue format)

-Admissions  (Total Adm)  Daily%   Gross   (weekly%)   [sC]    {wk}   <Title>

1.   531,274     (1,458,282)   +22.1%  $3.65M         (--)      [1,365] {Wk1} <Assassination> NEW
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.   132,582     (2,634,857)   +34.8%   $888K     (-16.8%)    [623]  {Wk3} <Inside Out
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3.    34,678      (5,816,225)   +11.9%   $223K     (-70.2%)    [445]  {Wk5} <Northern Limit Line
4.    28,812         (88,833)     +17.5%   $174K         (--)         [433]  {Wk1} <Yokai-watch>  NEW

5.    17,041        (595,780)    +29.0%   $112K     (-80.6%)    [334]  {Wk2} <Pixels

Total admissions: 790,273
Total Gross: $5,344,019
June Total: $107,586,571

Cumulative Gross

Northern Limit Line: $40.31 million

Inside Out: $18.01 million
Assassination: $9.71 million

Current presales (Midnight)

01. 53.7% (316,401) Assassination
02. 22.8% (134,044) Inside Out
03.   8.7%   (51,036) Youkai-watch
04.   5.8%   (34,233) Mission Impossible
05.   2.7%   (15,686) Northern Limit Line

• Like 3

One thing that hasn't been mentioned on here is the rapid depreciation of the Won against the Dollar which hit a 36 month low point today. This doesn't really affect local films, I only add the dollar gross of those for comparison, but foreign films will be hit quite a bit. With last year's exchange rates Inside Out would already have made around $20 million instead of it's current $18 million. 

Over 15% drop? FLOP!!

:D

5M admissions should happen unless there is a big drop in the next few weeks.

Ow now they are saying this :( I have been shouting this for weeks :D

But it's true,5M is doable, we ll be comming of a 800k week next week to reach 4M that only leaves 1M left to get to 5M with drops of about 30% for 2 weeks and we should get there. Then let's see if it can take down the 5.5M

One thing that hasn't been mentioned on here is the rapid depreciation of the Won against the Dollar which hit a 36 month low point today. This doesn't really affect local films, I only add the dollar gross of those for comparison, but foreign films will be hit quite a bit. With last year's exchange rates Inside Out would already have made around $20 million instead of it's current $18 million. 

Do you live in SK?

About the lower Friday increase for Inside out compared to last week; it only added 70 or so showtimes compared to yesterday whereas last week it added 250 or so showtimes. It's still doing very well and showed the most significant increase among the top 10 films. 

Assassination sending all the right signals for a 10M admission film, I'd be more surprised if it doesn't make it now. A NA release date has also been settled for August 7. 

Any updates for Terminator Genisys?

It's been terminated (sorry for the bad pun :P)

It gathered 10,233 admissions today to bring it's current total to 3,174,724 admissions. Gross is around $22.25 million

• Like 1