Taylor

Weekend Estimates: #1-TED 54.1m; #2-MM 39.16m; #3-BRAVE 34m; #4-MADEA 26.35m; #5- MAD3 11.82m

1. Ted (Universal) NEW [3,239 Theaters] RFriday $20.5M, Weekend $51.0M2. Magic Mike (Warner Bros) NEW [2,930 Theaters] RFriday $18.0M, Weekend $43.0M3. Brave 3D (Pixar/Disney) Week 2 [4,164 Theaters] PGFriday $10.5M (-57%), Weekend $35.5M, Cume $132.7M4. Madea Witness Prot (Tyler Perry/Lionsgate) NEW [2,161 Theaters] PG13Friday $10.2M, Weekend $26M5. Madagascar 3 3D (DWA/Par) Week 4 [3,715 Theaters] PGFriday $4.2M, Weekend $14.5M, Cume $181.7M6. Lincoln: Vampire Hunter 3D (Fox) Week 2 [3,109 Theaters] RFriday $1.9M (-69%), Weekend $6.2M, Cume $29.3M7. Moonrise Kingdom (Focus) Week 6 [854 Theaters] PG13Friday $1.7M, Weekend $5.5M, Cume $18.9M8. People Like Us (DreamWorks/Disney) NEW [2,055 Theaters] PG13Friday $1.5M, Weekend $4.2M9. Prometheus 3D (Fox) Week 4 [1,951 Theater] RFriday $1.4M, Weekend $4.7M, Cume $118.0M10. Snow White & The Huntsman (Universal) Week 5 [2,337 Theaters] PG13Friday $1.2M, Weekend $3.9M, Cume $145.1M

When you see films like KING KONG, you appreciate Cameron even more. Notice how KK's length was all padded with "cool" scenes that added nothing to the plot. Cameron, on the other hand, never wastes any time; every scene in his films is a vital piece of the whole, and furthers the plot. That's why three-hour films like AVATAR and TITANIC don't drag and feel like they are much shorter...storytelling at its best. KK was visually awesome, and I loved the primal emotional gravitas of the whole Beauty and the Beast thing, but boy, did that film need a good editor or what?

Amen. Cameron doesn`t waste. if something doesn`t have a purpose to be in the movie, it isn`t in the movie. While other directors put cool, purposeless stuff in movies just ebcause they are visually cool, Cameron gives vidual coolness to stuff that serves a purpose.Channing Tatum is a prime example what heights a career can reach when an actor take risks. Instead of playing yet another blacksmith turned sworfighting machine who gets the girl and becomes immortal Elf, he produced a movie based on his stipper past (no attempts to hide it), starred in it and now is a bone fide star of 2012 thanks to one-two-three punch of very different cross-genre movies. All that without getting a break in a big franchise (his claim to fame was a sleeper Step Up).
  • Like 1

I know nothing about it except several comments here have mentioned incest. Where did that idea come from?

i have no idea, but the trailer makes it very clear that it does not head down that path.

Its about a guy who meets his half-sister for the first time and I guess the sister starts to fall in love with the guy ( who hasn't told her he's her brother)

Is that what happens or are you speculating?

To think that Magic Mike and Ted are going to make more (opening weekend and total) than Dark Shadows, Battleship, Prometheus, Wrath of the Titans, and John Carter. Wow!

Funny, this thought popped inside my head this morning when I was at the gym...lol