Neo

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets | July 21, 2017 | FLOP OF THE YEAR

8 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I think some Portuguese network is airing it or some shit.  A lot of the tweets are in Portuguese and mention how they like Sharkboy and Lavagirl. 

That is correct.

51 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

This and Dark Tower probably bombing in the US on top of King Arthur bombing earlier just make me sad. I hope I at least get a couple of great experiences from these two like I did from King Arthur.

Not to be a downer, but it does feel like King Arthur all over again...

I can already see the vultures laughing at Valerian's OW, and the Deadline article 'What Went Wrong?'. :jeb!:

Oh well, it will be another future cult classic.

Edited by MrGlass2

Nooooooo, Valerian doesn't get any IMAX here!!! Stupid Spiderman retains all showings!!! 

I don't know whether i should go this weekend or wait. As far as i understand, Dunkirk gets only one IMAX showing per day here when it comes out in 2 weeks, so maybe Valerian gets some love later on?

Edited by Elessar

3 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Nooooooo, Valerian doesn't get any IMAX here!!! Stupid Spiderman retains all showings!!! 

I don't know whether i should go this weekend or wait. As far as i understand, Dunkirk gets only one IMAX showing per day here when it comes out in 2 weeks, so maybe Valerian gets some love later on?

Unfortunately, I wouldn't bet on VALERIAN having any staying power. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Unfortunately, I wouldn't bet on VALERIAN having any staying power. 

Yeah, my local multiplex isn't even booking this in any of the bigger auditoriums this weekend. By the time Dunkirk is able to lose those screens, this will be on the way out.

As usual, Eastern Europe is way ahead of you folks, when good original scifi/fantasy is concerned.

DUNKIRK got just one or two of the smallest screens - while VALERIAN got all the biggest and best screens here. LOL! Valerian will make 10 TIMES more money than Nolan, the cinema managers are not that stupid.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Don't worry, in a few years when it becomes a cult classic Valerian will be re-released in all the IMAX screens in the world and we'll be able to watch it in full glory and the re-release alone will make more money than Dunshit ever did.

:sparta: 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Don't worry, in a few years when it becomes a cult classic Valerian will be re-released in all the IMAX screens in the world and we'll be able to watch it in full glory and the re-release alone will make more money than Dunshit ever did.

Hot take right here.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

In couple of years people will look back at the weekend of July 21, 2017. Think how three good movies opened on the same weekend.

And they're all good for 3 different reasons according to reviews:

-Dunkirk is good because it's a harrowing, intense, beautiful looking war movie

-Valerian is good because it's a visually gorgeous, creative, and fun space opera

-Girls Trip is good because it's a hilarious comedy that has heart

• Like 3