Neo

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets | July 21, 2017 | FLOP OF THE YEAR

Fun Fact:
Dunkirk has completely overshadowed Valerian in the theaters. But do you know that if Dunkerque could be realized as Nolan wished, in France, it is thanks to Luc Besson?  By passing a law to increase tax credits for movies shot in English in France, Besson helped foreign films like Dunkerque to be able to be shot in France. It's also this law that helped MI6 to be shot in France !

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Bastien said:

Fun Fact:
Dunkirk has completely overshadowed Valerian in the theaters. But do you know that if Dunkerque could be realized as Nolan wished, in France, it is thanks to Luc Besson?  By passing a law to increase tax credits for movies shot in English in France, Besson helped foreign films like Dunkerque to be able to be shot in France. It's also this law that helped MI6 to be shot in France !

Those guys must be laughing at Besson. 

2 hours ago, Bastien said:

Fun Fact:

:winomg:

:sadben:

5 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Don't kid yourselves, Nolan would have shot Dunkirk in France no matter what.

As if WB would say no to Nolan because lack of tax incentives :lol:

The president of the CNC (French National Center of Cinema) thinks the tax credits helped it to be shot during more than 5 weeks.

Since the introduction of this tax credit, more than 35 foreign films have been shot in France, a number that has doubled compared to previous years.  It is quite possible that without this tax credits the film would have been shot Belgium and / or the Netherlands and a shorter shoot in France.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, That Atomic Guy said:

I thought a 7/10 meant worst movie ever material, and you just said it was meh.  Confusing ratings system tbh

It is not Power Rangers level so it isn't worst movie ever material.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Macleod said:

:winomg:

:sadben:

I fully concur.

Trying to give Besson credit for the success of Dunkirk is the silliest thing I have seen so far in this thread.

Fanboyism at it's most ridiculous.

Edited by dudalb

1 minute ago, That Atomic Guy said:

That bad?  Last I checked, a 2.5/10 was not possible on the CJohn scale.  Did it have radiation in it that gave you testicular cancer or something?

Worse. Far far worse than that.

32 minutes ago, That Atomic Guy said:

Did it give TERMINAL testicular cancer and chlamydia at the same time?  Ebola? 

Think of all the diseases on the planet. Now multiply by 100. That is what PR gave me.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

I fully concur.

Trying to give Besson credit for the success of Dunkirk is the silliest thing I have seen so far in this thread.

Fanboyism at it's most ridiculous.

That's not what I'm doing at all. Dunkirk is pure Nolan, and the succes is all his.

But I just wanna tell this little fact that since Luc pushed to make this law voted more en more foreign films are shot in France and it all started with the boxoffice-bomb Valerian. It's funny... I think.

• Like 1

After a strategic retreat from the US, Valerian is fighting back in France!

‘Valerian’ Takes Flight In France With 2nd Best Opening Day Of 2017

Full first-day France figures are in for Luc Besson’s expensive sci-fi epic, Valerian And The City Of A Thousand Planets. Landing 375,400 admissions on 970 screens Wednesday, the maiden French voyage kicked off to 3.19M euros ($3.72M). The start is good enough to rank it as the 2nd best launch day of the year, coming in behind Despicable Me 3‘s Day 1 of 455,713 admissions on 877 screens earlier this month.

• Like 2