Neo

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets | July 21, 2017 | FLOP OF THE YEAR

Going to watch Dunkirk again with my cousin and before we head in, I go "Did you watch Valerian." He goes "Which is one is that?" And im like "the one with Cara Delevingne." And he goes "Fuck No! She probably didn't even watch it either!" 

:unsure:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Cara Delevigne is way too skinny but she's still gorgeous as hell. Give her more of an athletic build and she would be damn near perfect.

Never understood everyone's attraction for Delavigne. Don't really think she's good looking... at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really liked this movie.  The first hour was just really inventive fun, the second still solid.  Cara, yeah she was quite likable in the role but the world Luc made was great.  Lots of fun and I'd recommend it.

And I say this with two caveats: yes, Dane was weak in that role, and the romance sucked. I mean, I know why Valerian wants to fuck Laurline, but no idea why she would.  Sorry Dane, you're the weak point, but the movie is fun enough you don't drag it down much.

• Like 2

It pains the Shay to say it - but it is very obvious now that Besson is NOT a viable alternative to Hollywood. He makes action/fantasy JUST like Hollywood - and often even dumber.

Most of his movies are just stupid, aimed at the very general crowd, teens and kids - and Valerian is no exception at all. I could stomach it only three times - and was close to barfing. And even visually, I've seen countless better movies - Jupiter Ascending and the new Total Recall were truly revolutionary.

When we draw the line, Valerian is much closer to atrocities like Transformers than to the masterpieces it tries to ape: Star Wars and Avatar.

Conclusion 1: Flop deserved!

Conclusion 2: Don't believe Telerian!!

Edited by shayhiri

13 hours ago, kowhite said:

I really liked this movie.  The first hour was just really inventive fun, the second still solid.  Cara, yeah she was quite likable in the role but the world Luc made was great.  Lots of fun and I'd recommend it.

And I say this with two caveats: yes, Dane was weak in that role, and the romance sucked. I mean, I know why Valerian wants to fuck Laurline, but no idea why she would.  Sorry Dane, you're the weak point, but the movie is fun enough you don't drag it down much.

best Valerian review ever. :bravo:

BTW, do you have any scoops on TLJ? Sorry to be off topic but I remember that someone you know said the script was great. 

• Like 1

I'll watch it tomorrow or Friday.

This failure is really sad, after all that's the story that led to Star Wars for the most part, it's a great universe. And having a non-US movie with a budget near $200m is so rare and refreshing, that's so unfair...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

I'll watch it tomorrow or Friday.

This failure is really sad, after all that's the story that led to Star Wars for the most part, it's a great universe. And having a non-US movie with a budget near $200m is so rare and refreshing, that's so unfair...

And your evidence that Star Wars was based on the Valarein graphic novels?

And you are just now getting that Life Is Not Fair?