Neo

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets | July 21, 2017 | FLOP OF THE YEAR

41 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Have I already mentioned how awesome the trailer is? 

Oh, I already have? Huh, well, it's freaking awesome so I can totally say it again!

I think it's awesome too. And if the movie has this same feel / atmosphere and is this fun I can see it being a hit even in the US (assuming it gets good reviews).

I don't know why so much hate for Cara lately, though. I assume it's because of that interview where the hosts were rude to her but she ended up looking like the bitch. I think she's beautiful and talented, she was great in Paper Towns. She has this feel of a real movie star and I really like her.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I think it's awesome too. And if the movie has this same feel / atmosphere and is this fun I can see it being a hit even in the US (assuming it gets good reviews).

I don't know why so much hate for Cara lately, though. I assume it's because of that interview where the hosts were rude to her but she ended up looking like the bitch. I think she's beautiful and talented, she was great in Paper Towns. She has this feel of a real movie star and I really like her.

Maybe I should watch Paper Town then, I could have a better opinion of her :)

She's beautiful that's for sure :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

People are much harder on women for being rude. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

I have totally mixed feeling toward her in Paper towns, her one note emotionless performance completely annoys me, but it did fit her role very well.

I certainly hope she doesn't carry that over to every film she's in.

Edited by NCsoft

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

Maybe I should watch Paper Town then, I could have a better opinion of her :)

She's beautiful that's for sure :)

I would strongly recommend that :) , I found her vapid character super annoying, but it did serves the purpose of delivering the film's message very well. I loved paper towns despite the mediocre reviews, something about it is very memorable.

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Incarnadine said:

I was thinking the exact same thing.

I like almost all of Besson's work (except for The Family, ugh.) and the visuals do look great, but the leads look woefully miscast, especially Delevigne. I picture her as the female version of Hayden Christensen in the SW movies.

Cara >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> JLaw any day.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2016 at 0:21 PM, Michael Gary Scott said:

This doesn't look good the leads didn't impress me at all. Plus the only Besson film I've liked has been The Profesional 

Yeah reminds me of Jupiter Ascending. Looks too cheesy ... not impress  with the casting either.

• Like 1

http://io9.gizmodo.com/luc-bessons-valerian-looks-like-all-your-scifi-dreams-c-1788781880

Also of note, Besson recently told io9 that when the next trailer comes out in January, and a final one after that, he won’t use the same shot twice in any of them. He’s sick of trailers that just re-edit the same footage over and over again, so he wants Valerian to be different.

That's actually pretty awesome. We also know now when the next trailer is coming out.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Charism said:

ANy news on that? is it really going to be 2017?

I haven't seen much news, but filming was reportedly done already back in July, it seems that there's no reason to delay release beyond 2017 unless there are serious problems with post productions, I think hopefully we'll see it release in the first half of 2017.

• Like 1