Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

The trailers, and ads have been pumping the shit out of "The saga Ends".

Yeah, but most people expect another Batman movie after that. No one knows that the saga ending means a complete over-haul. If I wasn't on sites like this, I would be convinced that for enough money they would be able to get Nolan and Bale back. And I'd be convinced that the next villain would be The Penguin or the Riddler.

Doesn't work.

Images from Funny Junk hardly ever work.

Oh, and thought I'd share this, a friend just got back from seeing the movie.

Spiderman was SO GOOD ..plus the guy was really freaking hot

Edited by riczhang

Believe it or not, the internet has overinflated this movies awareness as well as it's weekend box office prediction.. Folks, at the end of the summer, a lesson will have been learned throughout the internet on every movie website and that lesson is overestimating/underestmating a movies box office as great as it was this summer, particularly with The AVENGERS: A movie that very very few outside myself and Maverikk predicted this to do as much as what it did.. Sites like this predicted 150M OW for TA and it made 57M more than ever thought.. Now, it seems the box offie sites like this might be making this very same mistake again with predicting TDKR at the number they have been without any Rhyme or reason other than a hunch and Polling people who are able to vote more than 1 time..

You're right... The low-ball predictions will be $50m too low. ;)

TUESDAY 10 PM, 2ND UPDATE: No grosses yet. But I’m told Sony’s The Amazing Spider-Man received an ‘A-’ Cinemascore from audiences (an ‘A’ from under age 18 moviegoers) which should spur good word of mouth.

An "A" for under-18 is all any movie like this could ask for, considering the movie tried to play up the high school drama/teenage romance angles.

And it certainly bodes well for a sequel featuring this cast.

• Like 1

TUESDAY 10 PM, 2ND UPDATE: No grosses yet. But I’m told Sony’s The Amazing Spider-Man received an ‘A-’ Cinemascore from audiences (an ‘A’ from under age 18 moviegoers) which should spur good word of mouth.

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right in line with my expectations.....

A- definitely doesn't indicate WOM will be great, which seems strange, but is just the nature of Cinemascores. Spider-Man 3 got a B+, while Transformers got an A. A- more or less indicates it's got solid WOM.

For movies targeted to older demographics yes, for the younger demographic, an A- isn't bad, but it doesn't really indicated solid, merely good. But, we do have to factor in the fact that for the under 18s it did get an A, which is definitely more promising.

Believe it or not, the internet has overinflated this movies awareness as well as it's weekend box office prediction.. Folks, at the end of the summer, a lesson will have been learned throughout the internet on every movie website and that lesson is overestimating/underestmating a movies box office as great as it was this summer, particularly with The AVENGERS: A movie that very very few outside myself and Maverikk predicted this to do as much as what it did.. Sites like this predicted 150M OW for TA and it made 57M more than ever thought.. Now, it seems the box offie sites like this might be making this very same mistake again with predicting TDKR at the number they have been without any Rhyme or reason other than a hunch and Polling people who are able to vote more than 1 time..

I think a lot of it is a reaction to what The Avengers did. Everyone felt that if TA could put up numbers like this then surely TDKR will put up record breaking numbers as well. I don't think that will end up being true, but we will see. However, I do expect to hear a lot of big numbers being thrown out for TDKR because of what TA did.

And this will be my 750th post, so I will now change my handle.

They were really good for the first two weekends because there was so much demand. People wanted to see it, so they saw it anyway they could. Since this will burn off so much demand by opening on a Tuesday, I don't think the ratio will be anything more than about 40-45% all weekend at most.

I just checked your old post and your theater's 3D share wasn't that much higher--56% vs 52%--than TA's Domestic 3D share on OW. I was expecting a 40-45% 3D share for TASM. A North American average of 42% is probably where its gonna be at.

I can't believe that people are trying to spin this as bad. Seriously.

An "A" for under-18 is all any movie like this could ask for, considering the movie tried to play up the high school drama/teenage romance angles.And it certainly bodes well for a sequel featuring this cast.

Yeah I'm love with it. It's an awesome indicator of good WOM, regardless of how people try to spin this.

RT FAN/Critics RATINGS:SPIDER-MAN: 61% (89%)SPIDER-MAN 2: 81% (93%)SPIDER-MAN 3: 54% (63%)THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: 84% (72%)Loved this songhttp-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUtziaZlDeE

And this.

Wait, 61% rating from moviegoers for the first Spider-Man? Thats obscene.

Let's be honest, the 1st Spider-man had flaws (Green "Power Ranger" Goblin Costume) to name 1. I also think it didn't age as well as Spidey 2. Don't get me wrong, it's good but I can understand fans not being that hot about it. I know a lot of spidey purist did not like how Green Goblin was handled but Defoe is an amazing actor no doubt about it.

i think he means the other way around

Nope, Critics loved it gave it an 89, 83 with Top Critics. Fans think it's pretty average, but the number is actually 65% not 61% that's a typo on my part. Remember, when it comes to comic-book movies, fans can be even harsher than Critics:http://www.rottentom...om/m/spiderman/ Edited by filmscholar

A- definitely doesn't indicate WOM will be great, which seems strange, but is just the nature of Cinemascores. Spider-Man 3 got a B+, while Transformers got an A. A- more or less indicates it's got solid WOM.

The devil is in the details. The "A" from 18 and under is crucial. You don't need an "A" across the board to have strong legs. Take a look at Inception. Received a "B-" from older than 25, but an "A-" from younger than 25. Overall it came out to a "B+" and the film had excellent legs thanks to the young people who loved it. Same thing could very well happen for Spidey.
  • Like 3

The devil is in the details. The "A" from 18 and under is crucial. You don't need an "A" across the board to have strong legs. Take a look at Inception. Received a "B-" from older than 25, but an "A-" from younger than 25. Overall it came out to a "B+" and the film had excellent legs thanks to the young people who loved it. Same thing could very well happen for Spidey.

Ex-fucking-actly!