Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

But, it's the last of the Nolan Batmans, and frankly speaking there won't be a batman as good as TDKR for quite some time, and that finale factor will get people in seats, especially with the rumours that Bruce Wayne will die floating around. I see it for OW, just not for Midnights, the audience is too old.

But whether TDKR breaks OW hinges on its midnights because with TA, we've seen the market capacity for Friday Night, Saturday and Sunday. The only chance TDKR has to grow the audience is with midnights and Friday matinee.

The devil is in the details. The "A" from 18 and under is crucial. You don't need an "A" across the board to have strong legs. Take a look at Inception. Received a "B-" from older than 25, but an "A-" from younger than 25. Overall it came out to a "B+" and the film had excellent legs thanks to the young people who loved it. Same thing could very well happen for Spidey.

I'm incredibly out of likes, but yeah, this. Not every film will get an A+, this is fucking amazing, especially when it comes to the under 18 part, and A- for a reboot that has been trolled for God knows fucking long for older audiences that also loved Raimi's Spider-Man? Hell fucking yes.

The devil is in the details. The "A" from 18 and under is crucial. You don't need an "A" across the board to have strong legs. Take a look at Inception. Received a "B-" from older than 25, but an "A-" from younger than 25. Overall it came out to a "B+" and the film had excellent legs thanks to the young people who loved it. Same thing could very well happen for Spidey.

I doubt this'll have Inception legs.On the other hand, this is theoretically a more kid-friendly or family-friendly movie than Inception, so maybe I should shut up.Quick question, sorta related:Is ASM the scariest superhero movie of all time?

But whether TDKR breaks OW hinges on its midnights because with TA, we've seen the market capacity for Friday Night, Saturday and Sunday. The only chance TDKR has to grow the audience is with midnights and Friday matinee.

An Sunday night as TDKR is a summer movie do people can go to Sunday late night shows as well as many people don't have school or work the next day. But with thr being said, there's not a chance of that happening, TA had 3D, TDKR doesn't it'll barely get to the 190s if it's lucky.

Holy shit still no numbers yet!?! Just got back from seeing it and assumed we'd have something by now! Anyway, I really liked it! More later and in the reviews thread tomorrow.

I doubt this'll have Inception legs.On the other hand, this is theoretically a more kid-friendly or family-friendly movie than Inception, so maybe I should shut up.Quick question, sorta related:Is ASM the scariest superhero movie of all time?

I can see both The Amazing Spider-Man and TDKR sharing some mighty fine legs, and if the rumors about the The Avengers Director's Cut turns out to be true, the comic book films will go down guns a blazin'. TASM and TDKR are very distinct tastes of superheroes flavor, and that's one of the biggest reasons that I don't see the doom and gloom scenario once TDKR arrives. Yes, the IMAX will be cut out, but TASM can do some incredible numbers until then, and it'll keep 3D screenings and 2D screenings won't be going anywhere.

Let's be honest, the 1st Spider-man had flaws (Green "Power Ranger" Goblin Costume) to name 1. I also think it didn't age as well as Spidey 2. Don't get me wrong, it's good but I can understand fans not being that hot about it. I know a lot of spidey purist did not like how Green Goblin was handled but Defoe is an amazing actor no doubt about it.Nope, Critics loved it gave it an 89, 83 with Top Critics. Fans think it's pretty average, but the number is actually 65% not 61% that's a typo on my part. Remember, when it comes to comic-book movies, fans can be even harsher than Critics:http://www.rottentom...om/m/spiderman/

oh lol my bad. I thought you were talking about TASM. I remember i didn't really like SM1 when i watched it the first time. But it got me psyched for it opening the doors to other higher-budget CBMs. A few dvd viewings endeared me to it. Then I bought it's gift set and SM2's on DVD. The blu-ray trilogy i bought from Amazon UK coz they cost half as much as they did on Amazon US.

In comparison, Hunger Games got an A+ from the 18 and under. These kind of crowds are always much more positive, especially for more fan-driven films. If Spider-Man got an A across the board, then that would signify strong WOM, while an A+ would mean fantastic WOM*And the Inception comparison is pretty ridiculous, since it isn't a fan-driven film.*one caveat to this, Iron Man 2's A cinemascore is completely inexplicable. :P

Screw Cinemascore. They gave Medea an A.

That's different, Cinemascore isn't a stamp seal, it's a sign of good WOM, which meant mightiest WOM for The Avengers and I'm sure that will translate to amazing WOM to The Amazing Spider-Man as well.

I doubt this'll have Inception legs.

In terms of its 6-day multiplier, it won't match Inception. But that's because it's a major franchise movie with more frontloading. The point I was making is that Inception is a recent example where the overall Cinemascore wasn't glowing by any means, but a key demographic (teenagers and adults in their 20's) loved the movie enough to see it multiple times and convince their friends to see it as well. Spidey has an "A" Cinemascore with the under 18 crowd. This should give it stronger WOM than a lot of people here are predicting. Question is just how strong it will be.

one caveat to this, Iron Man 2's A cinemascore is completely inexplicable. :P

Not inexplicable at all. Disney/Marvel is very proud of that movie and its wonderful cinema score. Edited by Walt Disney