Jonwo

Films Franchises that will or should be rebooted?

Reboots seem to be the new remake with successful reboots of franchises such as Batman and Star Trek and with the release of The Amazing Spider-Man and the upcoming Man of Steel, the reboot is here to stay.What franchise do you think will be rebooted in the next decade or so and also which ones would you like to see rebooted? The one I think will and should be rebooted is Ghostbusters which until MIB and Spider-Man was Sony's most successful films and they have for years along with Dan Ackroyd has been trying to do a sequel which so far has been unsuccessful due to Bill Murray refusing to sign and given that a sequel is not to be a hit without the original cast, it would be easier and financially better for Sony to get the blessing of the original creative and cast and reboot the franchise and maybe go in a slightly different direction.

I say reboot the Lemony's Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate EventsI liked the original but I believe it could of been better and I would of liked if it was more darker. The only thing that would suck is that Jim Carrey who did a great job in the original, would not be in this and I can't think of anyone who would do just as good as him.

Edited by MovieGuyKyle17

I agree with Lemony Snicket. Those books were very popular and a better adaptation could have neared 200M. Squeezing the first three books into one film was a mistake. The cast was pretty great though.

I say reboot the Lemony's Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate EventsI liked the original but I believe it could of been better and I would of liked if it was more darker. The only thing that would suck is that Jim Carrey who did a great job in the original, would not be in this and I can't think of anyone who would do just as good as him.

Agree completely.

POTC:AWE should be remade. That movie is an abomination that ruined the whole series. Just pretend it was halucination induced by DJ`s Locker from where they never escaped and take it from there.LOTR to wash out the stink of Shitto.MatrixDuneJCGL

I don't think a reboot of Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events would fare much better creatively or financially. The filmmakers had it right not adapting one book at a time (at least in the case of the first few books, there wasn't necessarily enough material there for each book to be a standalone movie, or at least that's how I remember them), and the movie came out at the height of the series' popularity.I think Fantastic Four and Green Lantern should see reboots in the future. Do them right this time and make them become the cash cow franchises their respective distributors expected when they made the first films.

When there is a greater shift towards creative integrity and strong scripts, then they may try whatever they please.Also, I liked the updates on Apes last year and Spider Man this year. The previous iterations in 2001 and 2002 were awful.Of course everyone has different tastes. It's hard to pinpoint a franchise because a franchise normally only starts because the first movie is well-loved.If only it were easy to have new takes on movies as it were to make comics or graphic novels or stories of those same fictions.I'd have Deathly Hallows 2 redone for one. Could probably list a whole lot more from different franchises but none of them affect me on a personal level.

They're apparently rebooting Highlander now. Good. That was a film with a neat concept (and a great soundtrack, you can't beat Queen) that suffered from the presence of Christopher Lambert, and the bad sword fights. And then the sequels were just filled with suck. That's the kind of film or franchise that really needs a reboot or remake in my opinion.

What ? No mention of Batman. You guys really think that WB will put the Batman franchise in cold storage for a decade. Batman will be rebooted before summer of 2017. Guaranteed. They may not call it a reboot but there is no way you can replace Nolan, his crew, Bale and other actors without practically rebooting the franchise.