Impact

Impact's Year 3 Reviews! (Best and worse of the year on page 9)

January!

January 4-6:

House on the Hills

"And the year starts with a fizzle"

Whenever a film starts this early in the year, you know its not going to be a good film. And it is not. The acting is some of the worse I've seen, the lead made Pauly Shore look like Cary Grant. The camera work was bad, but to be fair it is a found footage film. The film is pretty boring at times as well, though I did get sick from the camera work.

.5 stars.

Go see: If you want a new film.

Don't see: If you missed out on a film from last year, or if you rather do something good for a change.

Hope you enjoyed that Rich!

January 11th-13th:

Ninja 3D

"Well it has nice cinematography"

If I can say anything about it, it has great camera work. The action is good also, though it gets a bit overlong at times. The acting is not there. No plot. If your into kung fu movies of the 1960s/1970s, then you will love this. Other then that not much to say. The film gets very sloppy at times.

1.5 stars.

Go see: If you want a old fashion ninja film.

Don't see: If you want plot.

Well Rich you have the 2nd best now :P

I've wanted to do this rating scale forever, thing is on BOM I kept on having sometimes more then 10 4 star films out of 4 stars. So with 5 stars, it will be a bit harder ;)

January 18-21:

My Winter Retreat 2

"More blood, less plot!"

First movie is bad enough. So they make a sequel. Film was just plain awful. And it is gross at times.

.5 stars.

Go see: If you liked the first.

Don't see: If you are sensitive to blood.

On the Loose

"Fun film, little plot though"

I found this film to be pretty fun. Not a lot of plot. But it was still enjoyable. Statham was decent in his role. Cheesy yes, not for everyone also. But overall a fun ride.

3 stars.

Go see: If you want a action pack adrenline ride.

Don't see: If your idea of a action film is playing chess. (:lol:)

And now the month comes to a close, with one decent film so far and the rest being terrible. Will this last week change that? Probably not. But you never know!

January 25-27:

Lifeguards

"I think I laughed more in a test then this so called comedy"

Well here is the first comedy of the year. Though its really not one. Unless if your into the immature gross out raunchy comedies. The acting was terrible, outside of Stone who gave a half way decent performance. The ending was pretty bad. The film was just unfunny.

1 star.

Go see: If you want to see a comedy with very little laughs.

Don't see: If you have taste.

Carnival

"Looks to be the worse of the year already...and its only January"

Wow. We could be looking at the worse film of the year and its only January. The acting was terrible. Should they be remaking that terrible movie Freaks? No not really. The director of this film should be punched. I can see why it was not screened for critics. The film was so badly made. It made Plan 9 look like Forrest Gump.

0 stars.

Carnival

"Looks to be the worse of the year already...and its only January"

Wow. We could be looking at the worse film of the year and its only January. The acting was terrible. Should they be remaking that terrible movie Freaks? No not really. The director of this film should be punched. I can see why it was not screened for critics. The film was so badly made. It made Plan 9 look like Forrest Gump.

0 stars.

Hey, I want to punch the director of The Devil Inside too! :lol: Edited by Blankments

February 1-3:

Horror at the Superbowl

"Some great suspense"

This film had some great suspense. Both Quaid and Jackson were decent in there roles. Though at other times it was pretty cheesy. The rest of the cast was not that great. The music was decent. The plot was thin at some points. But over all a fun thrill ride.

3 stars.

Go see: If you want to be on the edge of your seat.

Don't see: If you rather see something more calm.

Paranormal lamronaraP

"If anyone can act in this I be amazed"

Here is a film with some really crappy acting. The film does have scary moments I will admit. And the mood of the film was not that bad. But overall it is forgettable. Still had a decent score.

2.5 stars.

Go see: If you feel like a new horror to watch.

Don't see: If you feel like you don't want to see the same old, same old.