Moviedweeb

SAT/Wkd Numbers (EST TASM $23.8m(+15%)/$65m; Savages $5.6m(-2%)/$16.2m; KP 2.5m(-8%)/7.2m

then again, I wonder now if if there is any point in having a mid week opening for any film. It doesn't seem to help the film make more money, it just makes the same amount of money it would have made over the weekend stretched out over several days instead

TASM opening holiday midweek was like having two weekends back to back without needing to compete for the immediate audiences that may have chosen the alternate programming (Ted, MM) first. It allowed four wide openers to burnoff their demand before releasing.Opening midweek when a holiday isn't involved seems to be an odd holdover from the Phantom Menace days when the studio was worried about losing out on revenue from too many soldout showings.

:circles:With 20% today this will explode

sshhh.... otherwise haters are gonna say that TASM is bombing if it increased only 15%... they will say the number is bad since people were expecting over 20%.

sshhh.... otherwise haters are gonna say that TASM is bombing if it increased only 15%... they will say the number is bad since people were expecting over 20%.

Okey :smurfs:

So Wed/Thurs were well below I expected, but Friday was actually higher!!

At this point, I'm just waiting until Monday actuals. A 30.9% increase looks... Off. Sony has made this one hell of a rollercoaster!

So all things considered, and not counting the looney predictions like ijack's $200m, a 6-day of $140m is really good for TASM. It'll finish mid-high 200s, and ww it'll be around $850-900m or so, which is excellent.

• Like 1