Moviedweeb

SAT/Wkd Numbers (EST TASM $23.8m(+15%)/$65m; Savages $5.6m(-2%)/$16.2m; KP 2.5m(-8%)/7.2m

So all things considered, and not counting the looney predictions like ijack's $200m, a 6-day of $140m is really good for TASM. It'll finish mid-high 200s, and ww it'll be around $850-900m or so, which is excellent.

Except mid 200s is still horrible for a Spidey film in 3D. It will end up being a good 40%+ drop in admissions from SM3, if not worse.

He's too good looking. They'll keep pushing him and pushing him no matter how many bombs. Just like Colin Farrell.

This.I compared Kitsch to Brad Pitt once too - and Pitt has had a LOT of bombs in his career. Yet Pitt remains a huge star.Like Pitt, Kitsch seems to have a lot of international appeal (or at least his films do). Thanks to international business, both "John Carter" and "Battleship" have approached or surpassed $300M worldwide. And that suddenly makes the fact that these films bombed domestically a bit more tolerable. Add in DVD/Blu-Ray, NetFlix, Red Box rentals, cable and TV rights and these films might even turn a bit of a profit for their respective studios (despite Disney claiming it will write off $200M, which I don't believe at all - it was a shareholder trick)."Savages" may not be a big hit, but Kitsch will not suffer, given the director and the fact that an Oscar winner is in the movie. The other two Kitsch films were big action/adventure movies. Kitsch definitely won't suffer because of "Battleship" as that was more about the alien invasion side. Had the film been successful, I don't think Kitsch would have gained a lot either - after all, is anyone more impressed with Shia LeBouf because of "Transformers"?That said, I'm sure Kitsch will be looking at his next few movies very carefully. He should hope he's asked to play his Gambit character in another X-Men movie. Those are at least mild hits domestically ($140M+) and he needs that now. Edited by doctoru2

So all things considered, and not counting the looney predictions like ijack's $200m, a 6-day of $140m is really good for TASM. It'll finish mid-high 200s, and ww it'll be around $850-900m or so, which is excellent.

tomorrow we will know were its headed OS...China should prevent this from going under SM3 but i dont think that it will be THAT much higher due to lousy EU numbersHopefully UK,Russia and good hold will make the OS weekend great

Except mid 200s is still horrible for a Spidey film in 3D. It will end up being a good 40%+ drop in admissions from SM3, if not worse.

And 20% of them will come with TASM2 :sp2:

True, but there are a lot of reasons.I didn't join Baumer's "Under $200M" club, but I understood his point. Why reboot a series that was wildly successful just a few years ago? Did we really need to see another "how it all started" movie, when we still enjoy the first from 10 years ago? So there may be less interest just due to that (and those who liked Toby Maguire as SM).Then there's the fact despite the success of SM3, it was based off the good will of the first two films. Many did not like SM3. Just like "Batman Begins" had to overcome "Batman & Robin", TASM has to overcome SM3. "Batman Begins" proved to be a very good movie, which certainly helped the sequel. "Batman Begins" has a 70 out of 100 Metascore (on IMDB). TASM has a 66. So it seems to be reviewed in the same positive light, which should help the sequel.Lastly, TASM is in the wrong place at the wrong time. Audiences had a big helping of superhero movies with "Avengers". And they are looking forward to the next serving with TDKR. TASM is more of sorbet mouth cleanser between courses. :) Add in some great competition from some unexpectedly strong films ("Ted" and MM) and it's a bit tougher for TASM to break-out.Hence, I was leaning in the $250-$300 area. It looks like TASM will reach the lower level of my range. Not bad. Certainly not a flop. Edited by doctoru2

great numbers, TASM is doing good, remember it's an unnecesary reboot, it will make near $250 dom and $500 OS. Ted is having excelent legs, it will make $200 and more. MM hold very well, it will make $110 for sureBrave held ok, with the weekdays $230 will be no problemsavages open higher than expectedi'm glad Kate Perry 3D flop, i hate that kind of films, and if they succed we will have a lot of them

Little wonder that Sony is fast-tracking the next installment of its new trilogy with fresh villains and storylines that should spark more interest in this too-soon reboot that was just a retread of the original origins saga.

Thank you, Nikki. :D

Excusse me before Brave was opening a lot of people said it will not make $200, it open big and held nicely, i mean it will make more than madagascar 3 by a $20 margin at least, it's weekdays are great and it should held better next week. Wall E drop very hard also on the weekends