Moviedweeb

SAT/Wkd Numbers (EST TASM $23.8m(+15%)/$65m; Savages $5.6m(-2%)/$16.2m; KP 2.5m(-8%)/7.2m

Lol at people who are thinking Ice Age is going to cause Spider man to drop off the face of the earth. Since when was Ice Age that big a force domestically?

Um, who said that? What people have said is it will steal kid audiences, which is totally true. Spidey is the most kid friendly of all the superhero movies, and Ice Age is a kids movie. You do the math. ;) TDKR is what will cause it to drop off the face of the earth. :D

Um, who said that? What people have said is it will steal kid audiences, which is totally true. Spidey is the most kid friendly of all the superhero movies, and Ice Age is a kids movie. You do the math. ;) TDKR is what will cause it to drop off the face of the earth. :D

Yeah just like how Madagascar tumbled after Brave opened oh wait

"Prometheus" was just to polarizing domestically. 130 gets it a 2.5 Multiple. I was hoping for over 3 but the R-rating definitely limited the audience. I still think it was a good run for what it was trying to accomplish in bringing the Alien Franchise from the dead. Sure I would of loved over 150, 200 would of been even more fantastic but R-rated Sci-Fi horrors don't normally break down box office doors. So I give it's domestic run about a C, not horrible, not great. Just in the middle.

Nice... TASM's Sat is higher than it's 2nd Day, which makes it its 2nd highest grossing day. A TF1 Drop would give it 21M for Sunday but hopefully it does better...22M or more.

Yeah just like how Madagascar tumbled after Brave opened oh wait

How do you know it wouldn't have dropped even less without Brave? I'm certain it would have. Not to mention comic book movies always drop 50%+ in their 2nd weekends by nature (with some rare exceptions) so comparing an animated movie's 3rd weekend drop to a comic book movie's 2nd weekend drop is just setting yourself up for major disappointment. ;)

Prometheus has been a gigantic fail at the box office outside of OW. Boy was I wrong wrong wrong on that one. At least I wasn't alone though. 90% of this board is goin down in flames with me there. :P

especially me. I was the captian of $100 mio OW ship. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Prometheus has been a gigantic fail at the box office outside of OW. Boy was I wrong wrong wrong on that one. At least I wasn't alone though. 90% of this board is goin down in flames with me there. :P

The box office for Prometheus failed to meet my low expectations. I thought it would make more than Super 8 at least. Will it even do that? I thought 150m was a good number. That was before the mixed reviews. Edited by ECSTASY

This how I see it play out now for domestic and worldwide ranking at the end of the year.Domestic:1. Avengers - 620 m2. TDKR - 500 m3. The Hobbit - 425 m4. The Hunger Games - 4005. ASM -275 mWorldwide:1. Avengers - 1.5 b2. The Hobbit - 1.3 b3. TDK - 1 b4. Ice Age -875 m5. ASM -825 m

This how I see it play out now for domestic and worldwide ranking at the end of the year.Domestic:1. Avengers - 620 m2. TDKR - 500 m3. The Hobbit - 425 m4. The Hunger Games - 4005. ASM -275 mWorldwide:1. Avengers - 1.5 b2. The Hobbit - 1.3 b3. TDK - 1 b4. Ice Age -875 m5. ASM -825 m

There is still a film around there called Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2.