Moviedweeb

SAT/Wkd Numbers (EST TASM $23.8m(+15%)/$65m; Savages $5.6m(-2%)/$16.2m; KP 2.5m(-8%)/7.2m

Off topic, but I just watched Sin City and tbh I was underwhelmed. It wasn't terrible or anything, but I dont get why people are calling it a masterpiece and one of the best comic book movies. Not counting a few nicely arranged images the visual style was boring, as was the now outdated CGI. None of the characters were interesting to me, and nothing really mattered. I didn't really care what happens to these people. Feel free to crucify me, but thats just how I feel.

Except it's not. If it falls 60% next weekend, which it very well could, $250m is gone.

Maybe if ASM has the six day multiplier of a bad comic book movie like X3 or SM3 but ASM will have superior WOM to those two.ASM should be at 220 m by the time TDKR is released with at least 50 m worth left in the gas tank.

Katy Perry has been dropping since OD :lol:Solid OW for TASM.Saw Ice Age 4 today. Better than the 3rd. Very funny, the characters still got it. Bring the 5th one, please.

Katy Perry has been dropping since OD :lol:Solid OW for TASM.Saw Ice Age 4 today. Better than the 3rd. Very funny, the characters still got it. Bring the 5th one, please.

And the Maggie short! I loved it! The 3D with 2D animation was fantastic. I want a new Simpsons movie in 3D!!!

"Prometheus" was just to polarizing domestically. 130 gets it a 2.5 Multiple. I was hoping for over 3 but the R-rating definitely limited the audience. I still think it was a good run for what it was trying to accomplish in bringing the Alien Franchise from the dead. Sure I would of loved over 150, 200 would of been even more fantastic but R-rated Sci-Fi horrors don't normally break down box office doors. So I give it's domestic run about a C, not horrible, not great. Just in the middle.

Prometheus' final domestic number is not bad but the performance was terrible unfortunately. I loved the film though.

Wait, it's 2012 and people here STILL question Twilight's box office?

No, they are just hoping that in the wake of great movie super-performance (TA, THG), certain demographic`s taste improved. But considering they jumped on 50 Shades waggon, hardly.