Moviedweeb

SAT/Wkd Numbers (EST TASM $23.8m(+15%)/$65m; Savages $5.6m(-2%)/$16.2m; KP 2.5m(-8%)/7.2m

Yeah.... because I want to go to uni in the states. A-Levels it turns out aren't quite as useful as SAT scores in the states. :lol:

A-levels are for the UK right? Aren't you in Canada? Unless you're applying to both countries, keener :P

Did you read the book? Friends tell me there is no climax. Male-oriented? It's going to have awful WOM from that demo, if they even turn up at all unless they change the book. I think it'll struggle to $300m.

I'm not saying it's going to make it to $300m. Just that it has a good chance especially because of finale effect. Eclipse had a 65/35% female to male ratio and that movie only had one fight scene. BD2 will have the training scenes with all the new vamps which will be action oriented plus the film added a new action scene near the climax that's not in the book (at least that's the rumour). So that's already one more than Eclipse. The love stories are also resolved and some scenes with Charlie will probably be fun. Plus Bella as a vamp is kinda into rough sex so that might be interesting too. It might be able to get that 35% male demo again and depending on reviews (Eclipse is 65% with top critics) it might have slightly stronger legs than usual. All Twilight movies have poor legs so nothing new in terms of WOM. Idk, we'll se how it goes.

Wow Katy Perry 3D has the highest female ratio that I've ever seen.

The audience was 81 percent female and 72 percent were 25 years of age and older, according to distributor Paramount Pictures. The movie did earn a very good "A" CinemaScore, at least, which should help it a bit.

Even Magic Mike was "Only" 73% female.

Wow Katy Perry 3D has the highest female ratio that I've ever seen.

The audience was 81 percent female and 72 percent were 25 years of age and older, according to distributor Paramount Pictures. The movie did earn a very good "A" CinemaScore, at least, which should help it a bit.

Even Magic Mike was "Only" 73% female.

SATC2 blows everything!!! Bieber had 84% and BD1 80%, but SATC2's female audience is 90% of the total OW!!!! Edited by CJohn

SATC2 blows everything!!! Bieber had 84% and BD1 80%, but SATC2's female audience is 90% of the total OW!!!!

Woow link? I couldn't find it. That's crazy, wonder if there were any movies that skewed so heavily male.

I can't find the link but I saw a story last week that males under 30s are the fastest declining cinema demographics in the US because of Internet piracy. Young males are most likely to illegally download movies so they rarely go to theaters anymore.

I can't find the link but I saw a story last week that males under 30s are the fastest declining cinema demographics in the US because of Internet piracy. Young males are most likely to illegally download movies so they rarely go to theaters anymore.

That hapens in every country, not just in America.Shame on you, teenagers/young adults. Edited by CJohn

That hapens in every country, not just in America.Shame on you, teenagers/young adults.

Actions have consequences. If the young female demographics is loyal to their type of movies and young males aren't then expect more movies focused on female demographics.