Shawn Robbins

NIKKI-ISMS | Nikki signs first look deal with HBO | Nikki and Penske make up, she will return to reporting on the entertainment industry

The things I love about Nikki are things like:"Rival studios tell me it should be much less" after giving a number for a film on Friday.andWhen she hates a film or better yet, the people involved in the film, no matter how good the number is, she'll find a way to downplay it with something like this:"While the number looks good, one must remember the budget for this rose from 50 mill to 525 million plus another 625 million for marketing. Movie executive A and B were also flying all over Europe promoting the film and are now embroiled in a scandal while using company funds."And when she likes a movie, it's like this:"While the number may not look that great, the budget dropped from a reported 715 million to 25 million because of the local tax breaks and product tie ins. So this film will make a profit no matter what."I love Nikki. :)

• Like 4

The things I love about Nikki are things like:"Rival studios tell me it should be much less" after giving a number for a film on Friday.andWhen she hates a film or better yet, the people involved in the film, no matter how good the number is, she'll find a way to downplay it with something like this:"While the number looks good, one must remember the budget for this rose from 50 mill to 525 million plus another 625 million for marketing. Movie executive A and B were also flying all over Europe promoting the film and are now embroiled in a scandal while using company funds."And when she likes a movie, it's like this:"While the number may not look that great, the budget dropped from a reported 715 million to 25 million because of the local tax breaks and product tie ins. So this film will make a profit no matter what."I love Nikki. :)

:lol:

• Founder / Operator

This site along with every other damn movie website got it WRONG on TA weekend prediction right down to Shawn and Co. predicting 150M OW and clearly, that backfired, so how on earth is this woman any different than the rest of you???

This isn't the place for this, but you're very incorrect here. My final prediction -- posted April 30 -- was $180 million opening weekend.

That's the end of that discussion. ;)

Edited by ShawnMR

BKB, not every post has to be about the terrible prospects of TDKR. There are other movies to discuss. Try seeing Best Exotic Marigold Hotel or Moonrise Kingdom. Then talk about them. :)

Bret Easton Ellis@BretEastonEllis

Anyone in the movie industry who fears they have to "watch out" for Nikki Finke is a complete and total old-school fucking Hollywood loser.

Bret Easton Ellis@BretEastonEllis

Nikki Finke called one of the agencies that reps me and threatened to sue me AND to destroy them as well. Fortunately the agency was ICM.

Posted Image

Nikki WILL destroy you, and you will like it.

• Like 4

Is she threatening to sue him because of that first tweet, or did he tweet that because she's threatening to sue?Ah, the mysteries of life.

Well last week he did tweet something about how he lives in the same apartment complex as she does. So I'm guessing Nikki must be antsy about her secret location being exposed.

Well last week he did tweet something about how he lives in the same apartment complex as she does. So I'm guessing Nikki must be antsy about her secret location being exposed.

She's probably antsy about getting photoed. Wants to keep the mystery

"My sources tell me that The Dark Knight Rises opened today. More to come."

Posted Image

But on a side note, there always seems to be guests reading the topics, wonder what they think of our posts......

Edited by riczhang