riczhang

Riczhang's Year 3 Reviews

December: [And the year draws to a close :D ]

6-8 December:

Hercule Poirot’s Christmas: 8/10

This fun filled Christmas, mystery, movie is done in a way that evokes nostalgia in those who remember the novels, but not in a way that feels sappy, and manipulative. It really is the Christmas movie that the holidays need.

13-15 December:

SpellForce – Breath of Winter: 8.5/10

Spellforce like the previous one in the series, is one that has a story to tell, and does. It tells a story, albeit plainly, but is still a story that is enrapturing. However that is mostly because of what the story entails, not how it is told. Along the way the effects, and action sequences are spectacular and the fact that it is fantasy and not sci-fi is a welcome relief for me. The acting is good, if not a little plain like the story, but overall I liked the movie.

Lietmotif: 1/10

A music film that tries too hard to be like “Control [2007]” but instead the director loses control [pun intended] and ends up with a “Country Strong.”

20-22 December:

Dodge City: 10/10

Not as good as No Country for Old Men, Dodge City still tells a story that’s both interesting, well told, and most importantly worth telling. The Coens don’t disappoint, with this beautifully shot, and well acted movie. Film could’ve ended one scene earlier though.

The Morrow II: 9.5/10

A step back from the first one, The Morrow II proves that sequels can be almost just as good as the first instalment. I feel that the main reason this one isn’t quite as good despite better visuals, acting, and a story telling method that works pretty damn well is that the story for the second isn’t as exciting, or as good as the first. The film feels like it really isn’t complete when it draws to a close, but that is probably because the third instalment has already been designated to tie all the loose ends up.

27-29 December:

3-D: 0/10

I resisted giving this a -5, do I need to explain myself further?

The Time Before That: 6/10

It fun, and well it’s enjoyable. Not much else.

Edited by riczhang

Blankment, updated Gregor with the long review. Enjoy. :D

First off, should've mentioned it earlier, but it's great to see someone else here have read the Underland Chronicles. I always thought they were really obscure and no one besides me read them. :P Anyways, interesting point on the runtime; I actually thought it was short. :lol: Gregor's become my blockbuster financial/critical hope, so it's great to see you loved it so much. :) Edited by Blankments

Year 3 Top 25.(Including My films)

[*]Genesis

[*]The Coming Storm

[*]Black as Night

[*]The Summer Story

[*]El Libertador

[*]Dodge City

[*]Jungles

[*]Red Skin

[*]Interconnected: Culmination

[*]The Morrow II

[*]Prodigy

[*]Barco de Oro

[*]The Man and His Hat

[*]Fatal Rendezvous

[*]Was Kilroy Here?

[*]Love in Poitiers

[*]Into the Breach

[*]Nadia: The Perfect 10

[*]Divergent

[*]Karate Kong

[*]A Wrinkle in Time

[*]Animal Farm

[*]La Follia di Gesualdo

[*]SpellForce – Breath of Winter

[*]River of Death

Edited by riczhang
  • Like 1

Dang not in the top 5...was hoping it would be.Suprise Jungles is that high.

I loved Chimpanzee, and Planet Earth, so I figured that I'd love it as well. I know the plot was short, but it's the type of film that I love.

Dang not in the top 5...was hoping it would be.Suprise Jungles is that high.

Sorry I was just hoping that as I was hoping someone can give me a BP nomination...

Sorry I was just hoping that as I was hoping someone can give me a BP nomination...

I'm doing a list where, my films are taken out..... You'll be in the top 5 then. :lol:EDIT: Nevermind, I can't do simple math. Edited by riczhang

Well I meant for best picture :PAt least its not like some people who got upset when I put a short plot I liked in my top 25 over there films. I wont name names, though none of them are currently playing anymore.

Darn, was hoping Gregor or Drowsy would make it in. I need to read Genesis. :P

Drowsy made me sleepy. Sorry ;)You need to read Genesis? Well its a long book you see...oh wait not the Book in the Bible ;)

Year 3 Top 25 (Without My Films)

[*]Genesis

[*]Black as Night

[*]The Summer Story

[*]El Libertador

[*]Dodge City

[*]Jungles

[*]Red Skin

[*]Interconnected: Culmination

[*]The Morrow II

[*]Prodigy

[*]Barco de Oro

[*]The Man and His Hat

[*]Fatal Rendezvous

[*]Was Kilroy Here?

[*]Into the Breach

[*]Nadia: The Perfect 10

[*]Karate Kong

[*]A Wrinkle in Time

[*]Animal Farm

[*]SpellForce – Breath of Winter

[*]River of Death

[*]Frosty the Snowman

[*]Salvation

[*]The Last Projectionist

[*]A Million Little Pieces

And one year end sentiment, what's with the narration?

Edited by riczhang