Electric

Zappy Reviews

Red Skin (7/10)Overall, Red Skin was held up by good performances from Clint Eastwood and Emma Stone, but the plot felt a little thin, and really dragged on in points. It seemed as though the movie thought it had more to say than it really did. I also felt like the violence could have been toned down without losing much of the story. A good effort by Eastwood and Stone, but it really did not hit home as well as they wanted it to.See: If you are looking for a well acted drama.Don't see: If you can't sit through a film with pacing issues.

Karate Kong (8/10)A lighthearted movie. A good family film that doesn't rely on cheesy one-liners or pop culture references to entertain bored adults. It stands on its own merits as a good film that both kids and adults will enjoy. The voice acting went well. Jay Baruchel, I hope, does not get overused after his success in How to Train your dragon and now Karate Kong, though.Even though I really enjoyed it, I would not consider it a classic film. Certainly one I would not regret seeing in theaters, but at the same time, the "karate animal" story is not too original. But it works here, and works well enough that most people will like it.See: If you like children's films that don't insult the intelligence of kids or really enjoy some of the voice actors.Don't See: If you're tired of anthropomorphic animals in animation.

A not very dramatic posting.1. Genesis2. Red Rabbit3. The Morrow II4. Dodge City5. The Coming Storm6. Prodigy7. The Summer Story8. Dead in The House9.Fatal Rendezvous10.Spellforce - Breath of Winter11. Black As Night12.Nadia: The Perfect 1013. Wolves of the Deep14.El Libertador15. Animal Farm16. Fable17. Kill That Director!18. Karate Kong19. Bobby20. Leitmotif21. A Wrinkle in Time22. The Poet23. Election 200024. The Last Projectionist25. Interconnected: Culmination

This fawning over Genesis by people is kinda bizarre. It's pretty good but it's got a fair bit of holes and iffy decisions that would keep it out of my Top 10.

I actually agree. I had no intention of it being an Oscary picture. The original idea I had for it back in CAYOM 1.0 would have been an Oscary film, but this wasn't quite on the level of that idea. Still, I appreciate the acclaim it's gotten, I'm just surprised.Thanks for #1 and 11.

I actually agree. I had no intention of it being an Oscary picture. The original idea I had for it back in CAYOM 1.0 would have been an Oscary film, but this wasn't quite on the level of that idea. Still, I appreciate the acclaim it's gotten, I'm just surprised.

The more I think about it, the less and less I like stuff about it, namely the whole deal with Olivia Wilde being Emile Hirsch's girlfriend's mental reincarnation via memory transplants. The entire subplot just drags down the whole middle of the film, then she gets kidnapped in a random chase scene and then disappears for almost the entire remaining story of the film, there's no payoff during the climax when it'd have the most impact but instead gets shoehorned into the epilogue as a faux-happy ending that then has characters acting all sappy and dumb (Mainly Kristen/Laura going "I don't know what this pill is but whatever I'll take it.") so Hirsch's character can get some self-satisfying emotional payoff and closure at the expense of what Kristen/Laura actually wants. Edited by 4815162342