baumer

An announcement for the good of the game (please read)

Please don't lose interest guys. This is a very tight game this year and I really think anyone can win it. I did edit my answers after the deadline and that's what makes it wrong. Regardless of the reasons, it should not have happened. But that doesn't mean the rest of you should quit.

Please don't lose interest guys. This is a very tight game this year and I really think anyone can win it. I did edit my answers after the deadline and that's what makes it wrong. Regardless of the reasons, it should not have happened. But that doesn't mean the rest of you should quit.

Yes, but the punishment you are putting on yourself is just too much and not an ideal one for some who cheates in point game. You just take their points away in the week they cheated. Seems more fair than the one you are using right now.

The thing is, and I am not saying this with a wink or a nudge, this is the truth.....I have a good chance at winning this year just based on my top 11. I made some good calls. If I were to do the unthinkable and win, there would be controversy surrounding this. And for that I feel the most pragmatic thing to do is to not play, at least for this year.

I'll let a few more people weigh in. If some of you think I should still play and that will make you guys still play, then I'll put it to a vote. But it has to be an overwhelming vote to yes. Like 80% or something. We'll see.

I understand your decision. I never found you as player-gamerunner to be unfair but I can see how it's a conflict of interest. One time on Evan's forum he did a Winter game and I was pretty convinced at the time his decisions depended on how he answered the questions.

I won that bloody game.But then the last week he had to "recheck" some nonsense and I "lost". Never respected the fellow again. Edited by BK007
  • Like 1

And that is one of the reasons I want everyone to check their scores the week that I do them. I don't like going back 7 weeks to find that I owe someone 2000 points. Going forward, probably next year, that will be one of the rules. The statute of limitations on getting due points will be 2 weeks.....in others words, you snooze u lose.

I am in agreement that Baumer continue to play - I mean it is your baby after all so why not enjoy it. Take the reprimand and lose the points, but this isn't like you have thrown the game by any stretch.also on a side note - who seriously has the time to not only take screen shots of the before but of the after and compare them to complain.... I am all for transparency but someone needs to find something to keep busy with....

Just so you guys know, I have put my original SOTM 5 answer on SWATH back 148.750. I had bumped it to 149.750. This was one of the questions that was mentioned to shawn. So that has been changed back to its original guess.

And that is one of the reasons I want everyone to check their scores the week that I do them. I don't like going back 7 weeks to find that I owe someone 2000 points. Going forward, probably next year, that will be one of the rules. The statute of limitations on getting due points will be 2 weeks.....in others words, you snooze u lose.

Actually in that scenario, he (Evan) had lost and he went scouring back to find something to abuse or abstain. Pretty poor effort, but what was I gonna say, it was his site. Edited by BK007