A Marvel Fanboy

Assassin's Creed | 12/21/2016 | Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard | Final Trailer on Page 71

It is a video game adaption. They never worked out well.

Look at the current ones? Studios are making sure these are right. I will take ANY bet on a current video game movie under an older one.

That’s definitely happening. We’re just developing the script at the moment. I’d heard of it but had never played the game. I don’t have a video game player … that’s not what they’re called. [Laughs] I met up with the guys from Ubisoft and they told me the story behind it, and I thought it was very interesting—the idea of reliving memories.

http://www.videogamefilms.com/michael-fassbender-on-what-drew-him-to-assassins-creed/

People keep saying video game adaptations never do well and therefore never will, which is reductive. That's only the case because in the past they've either been complete shit, had horrendous marketing, or they came long after the game had already become irrelevant. The original Mortal Kombat is the outlier with a 70mil gross in 1995, decent quality compared to other adaptations, and it was released when the games were still all the buzz. 

The Resident Evil franchise has been mostly successful, and would probably be even more successful if they focused more on horror instead of shitty outdated wire-fu/bullet-time action sequences or if the games were still relevant. Not to mention if they were any good.

The majority of video game adaptations have flopped or failed to break out not because audiences have something against them, it's because the movies sucked. 

Edited by tonytr87

People keep saying video game adaptations never do well and therefore never will, which is reductive. That's only the case because in the past they've either been complete shit, had horrendous marketing, or they came long after the game had already become irrelevant. The original Mortal Kombat is the outlier with a 70mil gross in 1995, decent quality compared to other adaptations, and it was released when the games were still all the buzz. 

The Resident Evil franchise has been mostly successful, and would probably be even more successful if they focused more on horror instead of shitty outdated wire-fu/bullet-time action sequences or if the games were still relevant. Not to mention if they were any good.

The majority of video game adaptations have flopped or failed to break out not because audiences have something against them, it's because the movies sucked. 

Kinda reminds me of female led superhero movies. Just before studios released two cheap and crappy ones (Elektra and Catwoman), it doesn't mean future ones would flop as well. If Katniss and  Bella Swan can kick male superheros' ass at the bo, so can Wonderwoman. 

If you didn't already love Fassbender, you're about to now.

"I'd heard of the game but had never played it. I don't have a video game player... I met up with the guys from Ubisoft and they told me the story behind it, and I thought it was very interesting - the idea of reliving memories."

:lol: 

If you didn't already love Fassbender, you're about to now.

"I'd heard of the game but had never played it. I don't have a video game player... I met up with the guys from Ubisoft and they told me the story behind it, and I thought it was very interesting - the idea of reliving memories."

:lol: 

Posted right above.