A Marvel Fanboy

Assassin's Creed | 12/21/2016 | Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard | Final Trailer on Page 71

Bullshit, they both terribly underperformed. PoP is an 8 years old movie - and still put them to shame.

And we're not even talking quality here. Even if some VG movie manages to beat PoP in a couple of decades in the BO (it won't ;) ) no VG movie ever (in a million years) is gonna be as good as PoP - unless Jerry B himself makes a sequel with a comparable budget.

Deal with it. VG movies are the worst. Just like superhero movies - before Disney invested heavily in them - but no one is gonna invest in games, lol, hahaha!! :)

2 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Bullshit, they both terribly underperformed. PoP is an 8 years old movie - and still put them to shame.

And we're not even talking quality here. Even if some VG movie manages to beat PoP in a couple of decades in the BO (it won't ;) ) no VG movie ever (in a million years) is gonna be as good as PoP - unless Jerry B himself makes a sequel with a comparable budget.

Deal with it. VG movies are the worst. Just like superhero movies - before Disney invested heavily in them - but no one is gonna invest in games, lol, hahaha!! :)

Huh... dude... Prince Of Persia only did 330M WW on a production budget of anywhere from 150-200M. Warcraft did 100M more and neared breaking even on its production + P&A combined costs, and Angry Birds was actually profitable. Even adjusted for inflation, I'm not sure if POP would cross 400M WW. WC is in fact an underperformer, but as far as BO goes, POP is the one that gets shamed out of the two (and three, w/Angry Birds in the mix).

LOL. TWO BILLION Chinese people tried to help Warcraft to stay profitable with their hard earned cents. Guess what - they failed. Movie bombed - mega sequels scraped.

While Prince of Persia had every right to have a sequel - but you know what? - Bruckheimer said "Fuck you!" He was actually quoted saying that. "Fuck you, I'm not making any more good VG movies for these ungrateful peasants", he said, "Let them suffer a hundred years and find true horror when they inevitably realise the full scale of the terrible VG Movie curse I have laid upon them for their arrogance and ungratefulness."

So that is why you can't have good things now.

Edited by shayhiri

3 hours ago, shayhiri said:

LOL. TWO BILLION Chinese people tried to help Warcraft to stay profitable with their hard earned cents. Guess what - they failed. Movie bombed - mega sequels scraped.

While Prince of Persia had every right to have a sequel - but you know what? - Bruckheimer said "Fuck you!" He was actually quoted saying that. "Fuck you, I'm not making any more good VG movies for these ungrateful peasants", he said, "Let them suffer a hundred years and find true horror when they inevitably realise the full scale of the terrible VG Movie curse I have laid upon them for their arrogance and ungratefulness."

So that is why you can't have good things now.

Delusion.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

This is a pretty good explanation of the fact that there will never be a VG movie as good or well received as Prince of Persia.

But if you've made a cover up story to let you sleep better at night, faced by the bitter truth - feel free to post it.

uhh, Angry Birds was better received than Prince of Persia:

43% on Rotten Tomatoes for AB, 36% for PoP.

On December 30, 2016 at 6:02 AM, shayhiri said:

People, seriously:

WHEN YOU GOT SOMETHING GOOD (Prince of Persia) - TAKE IT!! YOU MISS IT, BECAUSE YOU THINK YOU'RE TOO GOOD FOR IT - AND YOU MAY WELL END UP ALONE FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, AND NEVER FIND ANYTHING EVEN REMOTELY AS GOOD AS YOU ALREADY HAD.

Piece of existential interpersonal wisdom from the wise old Shay.

The best Prince of Persia:

mac-mono-1.gif

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

The best Prince of Persia:

mac-mono-1.gif

I think i played that on the Amiga... If any of you US boys know what an Amiga is... ;)

Many will say The Sands of Time series as being their favorite but i have a soft spot for the 2008 one, which was a bit different...

Prince%20of%20Peria.jpg

I hope they make a new one somewhere down the road, miss that series.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, shayhiri said:

True.

Plus the numbers from China for Warcraft is fake. We call it fudging. Like what is happening to Jackie Chan movie now. Fake box office to make the studio and movie look good.

You can go to the chinese box office thread and ask about Warcraft. The number is fake and inflated

• Like 1

truly abysmal performance .RT fail, runtime fail(its under 2 hours), and box office even bigger fail. will be lucky to do anything. huge budget- flop.

Fassbender is not a draw(i.e. non franchise). The light between oceans also huge flopped where he was co-lead. 

There are still a few good standalone non franchise leads left in the industry

tom cruise( edge of tomorrow etc)

ryan gosling(nice guys, la la land, blade runner 2049)

russell crowe(nice guys)

will smith(but let down collateral beauty- suicide squad was good)

matt damon(martian)

wahlberg

these guys are probably the only few.

Edited by Halba

13 hours ago, Halba said:

truly abysmal performance .RT fail, runtime fail(its under 2 hours), and box office even bigger fail. will be lucky to do anything. huge budget- flop.

Fassbender is not a draw(i.e. non franchise). The light between oceans also huge flopped where he was co-lead. 

tom cruise( edge of tomorrow etc)

ryan gosling(nice guys, la la land, blade runner 2049)

russell crowe(nice guys)

will smith(but let down collateral beauty- suicide squad was good)

matt damon(martian)

wahlberg

Will see when Great Wall comes out.

13 hours ago, Halba said:

tom cruise( edge of tomorrow etc) - Jack Reacher 2 just did 60m. He's had more underperformers than hits in the last few years.

ryan gosling(nice guys, la la land, blade runner 2049) - Nice Guys flopped, as did many of Gosling's recent movies. He's a good actor but no way he's a draw.

russell crowe(nice guys) - same.

will smith(but let down collateral beauty- suicide squad was good) - Smith flops more often than not in recent years.

matt damon(martian) - Where did he prove to be a draw? The Martian is basically the only movie I can think of his in recent years that did well outside of Bourne. Interstellar doesn't count.

wahlberg - Huh? Ted 2 underperformed and Deepwater Horizon did 60M on a 110M budget.

Not sure how any of them are draws. When I think of a draw, I think of someone who has had more recent breakout hits than flops. These actors, while some of them are great, do not meet that definition.

DiCaprio is probably the only actor right now who is generally accepted as a major draw, and that likely has a lot to do with how selective he is with his projects.