A Marvel Fanboy

Assassin's Creed | 12/21/2016 | Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard | Final Trailer on Page 71

" In March 2016, Daphne Yang, CEO of the film's Taiwanese co-financier CatchPlay, stated that New Regency was looking to turn the film into a franchise, since it is based on "successful Ubisoft games and would make ideal sequels."[64] Two additional films are planned, with the first sequel entering development during the production of the initial film.[65] Kurzel told Premiere that he would like to explore the Cold War in the sequel. "

Is it really that hard to learn how to take off your pants BEFORE you take a dump ? If Hollywood just cannot understand what it means by "To go from A to B, you need to reach A first", then we all will just keep seeing them shitting in their pants. For Christ's sake, even a child knows there is an order of sequence in doing daily trivial things.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kowhite said:

I think they knew.  Sure they backpedaled...but...they even said we're not expecting to make money.  Somebody knew.

The movie is only 100 minutes, the studio cut tons of stuff because they knew the movie wasn't working.

Just now, fracfar said:

Why even make it

Video game movies very rarely do well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because 85% of GA now respond to brands only and Assassin s Creed is one of the biggest brand in the world.

You re considered a deranged executive in Hollywood if you greenlight a 100m+ movie without any brand recognition.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fracfar said:

Why even make it

Video game movies very rarely do well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean, I won't shit on that.  Somebody will figure it out.  Like...making that Pirates movie that works.  If you deliver...you're amazing.  

I'll criticize failing.  I won't criticize the idea of trying.  Don't do that.

Plus the guy above has a point.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, John Marston said:

While it probably won't make money it only just started its international rollout 

But it has done poorly in markets where it should have been strong. I think the writing is on the wall for this one;Someone will take a huge loss on it.

Fox and Regency films are both happy they made Ubisoft a major partner in financing the film. That limits their losses.

We had the same scenario for Warcraft. That studios insist that the game company bear a good deal of the cost of a film indicates that studios are not over confident about the box office chances of a big budget videogame based movie.

26 minutes ago, juni78ukr said:

Thursday estimates (table below).  240 mln RUB or $4 mln OD Assassin's Creed. 3rd best after Iron Man 3 and Suicide Squad. At least $10-11 mln OW. 

$700K Monster Trucks. $2.3-2.4 mln OW

Passengers dropped hard. Still should make billion RUB though. 

http://www.kinobusiness.com/news/kredo-ubiytsy-zakhvatyvaet-liderstvo-viking-vtoroy-/index.php

This is in Russia

• Like 2

4 hours ago, shayhiri said:

It's also a juggernaut in Bulgaria - but Bulgarian people are stupid, so no big surprise here. Anyway, these are lilliputian markets, they don't mean shit. Not Russia, not even China can save this one.

The Shay won. Ubisoft lost.

Why does this make me think Borat posted this.

• Like 2

A number of sources at both Fox and Ubsoft are saying that the official budget is way understated,that the actual price tag of the film was close to 200 Million dollars.Not surprised.

Yet another film that, if they had kept to the original 100 Million dollar budget would probably turn a decent profit for the investors (though it would not be cash cow) but with the huge overruns breaking even is about all they can hope for, and that seems unlikely.