A Marvel Fanboy

Assassin's Creed | 12/21/2016 | Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard | Final Trailer on Page 71

16 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Yeah, yeah, rumors...

Besides, had the film cost half as much they couldn't have done what they have done. They don't spend as much on movies just because. Blockbusters are expensive.

All these movies have cost killers guys, believe it or not.

18 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Yeah, yeah, rumors...

Besides, had the film cost half as much they couldn't have done what they have done. They don't spend as much on movies just because. Blockbusters are expensive.

That kind of thinking is going to destroy a studio some day....sooner rather then later.

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

That kind of thinking is going to destroy a studio some day....sooner rather then later.

Studios don't exist anymore and therefore cannot be destroyed, they are part of giant corporations that can survive hundreds of millions of debt.

• Like 2

I'm not aware that it has failed in any market where it was expected to be huge.

In the U.S. It opened pretty much as predicted and is on target for 55-60 million, again pretty much as expected.

i don't know what was expected in France and Germany and Russia but it's doing very well there. The UK figures aren't out yet but it opened second to   Rogue one, supposedly, so that bodes well. 

In India, Romania, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Switzerland, UAE, it seems to be doing better than expected. And it has yet to open in several big markets.

I've said in another thread, US sites are quick to label a film a'flop' within hours of release. They give a film no time to breathe beyond the first Friday. That 'flop' tag then follows the film no matter how well it does over a period of time as it finds its audience. 

Predictions about out how much a film will lose would be better made once it is nearing the end of its run rather than within the first week.

• Like 3

The POINT IS this movie actually LOOKS LIKE SHIT!! On top of being stupid and boring...

A good director would have made the same movie for 60m tops! And for 180m - you get Prince of Persia, which is 20!! times better than this in any form and way.

So let this burn. It deserves it.

Edited by shayhiri

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Can you stop posting this shit in every single thread, even where it doesn't relate to the thread at hand?

just trying to advertise in the threads that get the most hits.  trying to advertise the way a movie would.  wont be at the computer much Sunday on awards day so i want to get this done now!

1 minute ago, Matrix4You said:

just trying to advertise in the threads that get the most hits.  trying to advertise the way a movie would.  wont be at the computer much Sunday on awards day so i want to get this done now!

Post it in Classic Convo, some awards season threads, and that's it.  If you post it in threads where it's not related whatsoever, then you're just spamming.

Just now, That One Guy said:

Post it in Classic Convo, some awards season threads, and that's it.  If you post it in threads where it's not related whatsoever, then you're just spamming.

just this once.  my bad.  Trying to reach those who visit particular threads often

OS update

Fox International’s Assassins’ Creed has crossed $100m and sits on $105m. The video game adaptation infiltrates seven territories this session including Brazil, South Korea and Sweden.

http://www.screendaily.com/box-office/rogue-one-in-final-ascent-to-1bn/5112775.article?blocktitle=LATEST-FILM-NEWS&contentID=40562

Found this movie to be quite good. I enjoyed Macbeth (directors film before this). The set pieces were great, lighting and mood was great. last 25 minutes felt like it was cut up to reduce duration or was rushed in editing to get the movie out for release. Pleasantly surprised at lack of modern rap/rock music in the film. I feel as though the film received bad reception from the fans of the games due to being too creative and too much like a real film where as the people who are not from the video game crowd were dismissive due to the stigma of 'video game movie'. All the scenes in Spain were wonderful, especially the great set piece of the execution scene.

I have never played an Assassin's Creed game.

• Like 1