The Dark Knight Rises

230 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight Rises

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

My brother got into an early screening of this, and he says that people are gonna be massively disappointed.

Not that I believe this yet, but if true, this is the epitome of what I have been saying about this box office potential of this movie. If it's good, close to TDK in quality, then it will blow my 465 mill prediction out of the water. But it's hard to make a brilliant trilogy, ask Spiderman, Austin Powers, Terminator and on and on and on. Having this disappoint slightly is not going to be a surprise to me.
  • Like 1

Not that I believe this yet, but if true, this is the epitome of what I have been saying about this box office potential of this movie. If it's good, close to TDK in quality, then it will blow my 465 mill prediction out of the water. But it's hard to make a brilliant trilogy, ask Spiderman, Austin Powers, Terminator and on and on and on. Having this disappoint slightly is not going to be a surprise to me.

In the same boat really, though I'm starting to feel more confident that Nolan was able to make a film that should please most fans of the series.

I don't really believe him either, though he's not very fond of superhero movies, like me. I think hes just going around saying that just to kick the bee hive. When I asked him if he was serious he sorta grinned and laughed. I'm sure TDKR will be a good movie, but I'm highly skeptical if it can replicate the magic of TDK, the only superhero movie that I thought was an exceptionally great film.

Spiderman and T3 both had to use another director, which is often the reason the 3rd installment of a trilogy is hard to satisfy. But the case is not the same on TDKR. Nolan had 100% full control. So to judge if TDKR will disappoint, I wont compare it to othe trilogies. I just simply check Nolan's tracking record. And by doing that, I come to the conclusion that it will not. :)

But only part of TDKR that will disappoint me is the villain. But again, The Joker is a much better material even to begin with, so that's understandable.

Edited by vc2002

Spiderman and T3 both had to use another director, which is often the reason the 3rd installment of a trilogy is hard to satisfy. But the case is not the same on TDKR. Nolan had 100% full control. So to judge if TDKR will disappoint, I wont compare it to othe trilogies. I just simply check Nolan's tracking record. And by doing that, I come to the conclusion that it will not. :)But only part of TDKR that will disappoint me is the villain. But again, The Joker is a much better material even to begin with, so that's understandable.

Actually, Spider-Man's original trilogy used the same director for all three films. X-Men, on the other hand, is a different story. Edited by Cheesy Poofs

Actually, Spider-Man's original trilogy used the same director for all three films. X-Men, on the other hand, is a different story.

On yeah, my bad. But again, it was said that Rami didnt have full control right? Sony took in more charge that a studio should do.The point is, Nolan takes full control of TDKR, so I'll just look up his tracking record rather than thinking other how trilogies went on the 3rd film.