The Dark Knight Rises

230 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight Rises

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Alright guys, it's that time of the year to discuss how good or bad TDKR was.

I still think it's the perfect end to a trilogy and probably a top 5 comic book movie.

• Like 1

I still think it's the perfect end to a trilogy and probably a top 5 comic book movie.

For what it's worth, it's still the best 3rd installment of a CBM to date and more than holds its own with other so called "perfect trilogy installments" like Temple of Doom and Jedi.

• Like 3

I think the best time would be right after TA2's release no? :P

Just rewatched it, and it's pretty good. Not on the quality of the other two but still good thanks to great emotion and a really good villain in Tom Hardy's Bane. It really should've been two movies though. A

• Like 1

Just rewatched it, and it's pretty good. Not on the quality of the other two but still good thanks to great emotion and a really good villain in Tom Hardy's Bane. It really should've been two movies though. A

;)

• Like 1

Bane remained as a good villain untill he turned into a crying puppy at the end, IMO.

• Like 1

One of my top favorite movies of 2012, I really liked this movie just as much as I really liked The Dark Knight. The things I liked the most about this movie:the acting was good, the villains were really good Bane and Al Ghul's daughter, Anne Hathaway in leather, the soundtrack was also good, and there are some memorable scenes of destruction including the football stadium scene and the reason why Bane blew it up in the first place. Overall as Batman may not be over just yet but as for the Christian Bale Batman it was a satisfying way to end the Christopher Nolan/Christian Bale Batman trilogy Grade:A

Gotta say, don’t think there is a better looking superhero film than this one. I rewatched it yesterday and like every other shot gave me goosebumps. Compare this to the dull looking, amateurly shot superhero movies released lately; it’s not a fair fight.

Also, movie is still satisfying as hell, although I do think the editing is rough as fuck in some places (see the airplane or imploding football field setpieces). Nolan should have ditched his usual collaborator a long, long time ago.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1