Jay Beezy

Alan Silvestri's vs. James Horner's scores

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who had the better score?

• Alan Silvestri for the Avengers
    • James Horner for the Amazing Spider-Man
    • Both are equal
    • Didn't notice either

Who do you think had the better score?Both of these composers have drawn complaints in the past, Silvestri for having standard issue scores and Horner for rehasing scores.I thought Silvestri had the better score for the Avengers. I thought the theme that played with that revolving shot of the Avengers in the final battle signifying they've finally united as one resonated a good deal (surely gave me the chills). I can't remember any theme from the Amazing Spider-Man.

Edited by Jay Beezy

The only part of Silvestri's score I remember was the main theme that played over the end credits. It's a good theme.The only thing about Horner's score I remember is how it didn't fit the movie at all.Gotta go with Silvestri.

Wow, this is tough as I don't really remember any of the music from either movie. :-pThat's a shame because I liked both films. I need a both or neither option ;)

I don't get all these people saying the score for Avengers was unmemorable. The theme that plays during the circle pan is awesome. Horner used to be great, but he's become too repetitive of late. I don't think his style really suits a superhero movie. Elfman's Spidey theme was much better.

Yeah. DC has definitely surpassed Marvel in the score department. As far as memorable themes go. I do like the thematic elements of Marvel's scores. With IM1 having a very hard-rock flavor including electric guitars and the like. And I like the period/patriotic flavor of CA. And I did love the ending theme of Avengers, but like everyone else has said, the score DURING the movie must have been pretty pedestrian since it was not notable at the time.Supes and Bats really rocked with iconic main character themes.

I didn't hear the Horner score, so I can't comment on it. I do know that Silvestri did a wonderful job with TA and it's about time he finally got his due for his consistent greatness.I still think Silvestri's CA score was even better than his TA score.

Both were terrible.Now Spider-man Danny Elfman theme was epic,, inspiring & emotional.

Regarding SH scores Elfman wins easily. He also wrote the main theme for Flash TV series and of course for Batman 89:http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgpmdqUEQRMSilvestri did much better themes than the one for TA.
  • Like 1