Fullbuster

Man of Steel thread OS

83M from last full week.

55% drops from here gives it 330~335M finish from current markets.

Another 30M from JP+BR

360~370m OS total

Superhero movies tend to do well in South America

Brazil should be able to do more: $20-25M.

Japan might net $15M

So JP+BR = $40M

The South Korea and Mexico numbers are extremely disappointing for such superhero friendly countries

The SK number is disappointing, yes I agree, but it's still an improvement over SR. MOS also faced the break out hit in WWZ and has average WOM over there, so its SK performance just reflect both of those aspects.But the Mexico number is not disappointing at all. It looks to finish around 25M, which is more than Cap or Thor (both around 20M) and a few millions less than TASM (understandable cause Spidey is more popular) Its performance in Mexico is fine. What did you expect for MOS in Mexico that you consider the number "extremely disappointing"?

The SK number is disappointing, yes I agree, but it's still an improvement over SR. MOS also faced the break out hit in WWZ and has average WOM over there, so its SK performance just reflect both of those aspects.But the Mexico number is not disappointing at all. It looks to finish around 25M, which is more than Cap or Thor (both around 20M) and a few millions less than TASM (understandable cause Spidey is more popular) Its performance in Mexico is fine. What did you expect for MOS in Mexico that you consider the number "extremely disappointing"?

It opened with 9m then totally collapsed. It was only at 17m last weekend now it's at 19m? Ouch

It opened with 9m then totally collapsed. It was only at 17m last weekend now it's at 19m? Ouch

Really? I did not know that. Maybe there's some discrepancies in numbers reported, it can't fall that hard, can it? But well, if it can finish around 25M, that's still good.I'm curious the most about how it will perform in Brazil, which is the biggest Latin America market. Wonder how the late release date could affect it. 25M in Brazil would be good.

Recent Superhero films in Israel:

Avengers: 750K

IM3: 541K

TDKR: 535K

TDK: 520K

TASM: 500K

MOS: 489K

XM:FC: 193k

Multipliers from OW:

XM:FC: 5.4

TDKR: 5.1

TDK: 4.8

TASM: 4.7

IM3: 4

Avengers: 3.3

Since this is a summer release, I expect legs to be somewhere between TASM and XM:FC, so between 2.3M and 2.6M.

• Like 2

I think MOS is in good shape for 400 mil OS.  Captain America according to BOM did 20 Million in Brazil.  Thor did 22 mil combined in Brazil and Japan.  I would expect MOS do pull in better number than CA and Thor, hopefully 50 plus mil or 40 mil with some good holds..

Edited by Daniel Breidenstein
  • Like 1

Zack Snyder’s 3D Superman reboot charted top in Australia with $8.7m from 560 screens, Sweden with $2m from 168 screens and New Zealand with a $1.2m debut from 134 screens.http://m.screendaily.com/5057887.article

Have to say those are very solid numbers for a reboot. MOS more than doubled SR's OW in Australia (20mill + cume is possible), it made way more in it's OW in Sweden than SR did in it's entire run and here in New Zealand the film is enjoying a big run, the film's OW is almost equal to SR's entire run and WOM is very positive (not to mention that all the 3 showing's that I went to were packed and was turned away one time!).

I didn't think it was possible before but this film has a chance of doubling SR's OS number (i.e. 380 mill)

Edited by messipotamia
  • Like 2