Fullbuster

Man of Steel thread OS

Less than IM3/Avengers = underperforming

...to some people.

But this movie doesn't need 800 m OS to be considered a success. In fact, half that amount should be considered a success for MOS.

Exactly, I always thought that 400M is always the goal. Or a little better is TASM OS number. But I still see 500M as a strong possibility.

It's not under-performing. MOS is a reboot, people shouldn't expect too much. In most countries, it looks to be on par with other reboots or franchise starters.

underpeforming for a big action blockbuster in those countries. Mainly South Korea, to be fair it is not really a Europe type film 

Kal while I like your eternal optimism I think you need to start exercising abit of pragmatism, like Sam said 22mill in SK sounds very reasonable and I don't want to bring your hopes crashing down but 1 billion is out of the question (always has been), you have to remember that this is a reboot and while I have to say that MOS so far has exceeded all my expectations and then some we can't get TOO MUCH ahead of ourselves, just remember that doubling SR's OS take would be a HUGE victory for the franchise.

Reboots (even the universally acclaimed ones) usually start off abit slow out of the gate, yet this reboot (despite it's mixed reception) has gone off ground running (or leaping or flying or what ever term you'd wanna use).

Well my normal prediction is 870M, but messi you dont know that until we see if Supes excels in some of the big territorries.

I wont rule out a billion. As it was the same with franchise reboots like Transformers,  Amazing wont do any great numbers without Tobey etc.  Well I look to be wrong with SK my friend, lets see if I'm more accurate with my Mexico, Russia,  UK, Austraila Numbers. :)

I do agree with you Messi that reboots tend to build and go for the moon with sequels, but Superman done well

has the potential to defy that typical route I think.  I will never think 1 billion is out of the question until I see just how much

boxoffice bounty is raked in OS. IronMan 3 came off a not so liked Part 2, but as you can

see it defied the odds bigtime.  Thanks to being a great film, and some help from the Avengers :).  Lets see what

Superman can do elsewhere in the world before we say a billion isn't possible.

underpeforming for a big action blockbuster in those countries. Mainly South Korea, to be fair it is not really a Europe type film 

What do you expect it to do in SK? It looks to finish around IM1 total over there (25M), which is pretty good. Nothing amazing but still good. Better number than Thor too.

Good news is that Jet Li's new movie  sucks and looks to underperform or flop.

60-65M finish for MOS in China is about right. :)

Nice if we can a few more territorries with 50-70 Mil we will break the SM reboot and get to that

900M-1Billion+ mark.. Woooohoo.. Olive are you open to billion dollar talks ww  for MOS or not yet?

Nice if we can a few more territorries with 50-70 Mil we will break the SM reboot and get to that

900M-1Billion+ mark.. Woooohoo.. Olive are you open to billion dollar talks ww  for MOS or not yet?

Stick to 800M WW for now.

What do you expect it to do in SK? It looks to finish around IM1 total over there (25M), which is pretty good. Nothing amazing but still good. Better number than Thor too.

Amazing as SR was hated in SK, so thats a serious come back in my eyes Sam, though not

the big numbers I wanted in SK... I can live with 25-30M in SK though :)

Stick to 800M WW for now.

We can do more, but that is a good predict none the less. :) I  have 870M  WW, but highend

would love to break IM3 or make the 900M to 1Bil mark. Which would still be a greater

feat than IM's BO. (IM needed 2 sequels and especially Avengers to get to those numbers):D.

I don't think 500M OS is a lock at all. Have to wait and see Russia, Aus,.. openings and the holds in last week's markets first. I think we can lock something after this weekend, that's for sure.

Some people were expecting this to break out big overseas. I guess some expectations were too high.

Depends on your definition of break out really. 400M-500M for MOS is already a break out. If someone expect 600M+ or so OS, even after last week OS opening weekend, then best of luck.

MOS is already breaking out Dom, so WW total will be great.