CJohn

Elysium OS thread

Elysium came through with a $17.1 million weekend outside of North America after two #1 debuts in top markets.

Elysium opened in first place in South Korea with a strong $5 million bow on 361 screens. It was an 18% improvement over the Oblivion premiere in the market and more than twice the opening gross of director Neill Blomkamp's District 9 in the market. Elysium took first place in its Italian debut as well, reporting a $2 million performance across 452 screens. The Italian victory for the sci-fi film represents a 38% improvement over Oblivion's Italian debut and a 10% raise above the Pacific Rim premiere in the same market.

Elysium posted a number of strong holds over the weekend, including the United Kingdom ($1.9M Weekend / $9.2M Cume), France ($1.5M Weekend / $10.3M Cume), and Australia ($1.2M Weekend / $8.1M Cume). The overseas total for Elysium is $97.7 million. The film's worldwide cume is $176.1 million.

still has a lot of countries left to open

Thailand 12 September 2013   Peru 19 September 2013   Brazil 20 September 2013   Japan 20 September 2013   Mexico 20 September 2013   Hong Kong 26 September 2013   Uruguay 26 September 2013   India 27 September 2013   Argentina 3 October 2013   Bolivia 3 October 2013   Chile 10 October 2013   Colombia 11 October 2013   Venezuela 11 October 2013  
  • Like 1

This is going to finish with over 250M WW, a solid performance for the budget. Not great, but not bad. It's getting some nice late legs, I just wish the domestic number was better. I feel like North American audiences let this film down. Sad that it won't even reach 100M in North America, while disappointing films like Pacific Rim managed to reach 100M domestically.

Edited by ACCA

This is going to finish with over 250M WW, a solid performance for the budget. Not great, but not bad. It's getting some nice late legs, I just wish the domestic number was better. I feel like North American audiences let this film down. Sad that it won't even reach 100M in North America, while disappointing films like Pacific Rim managed to reach 100M domestically.

:rolleyes:

At least it did better than After Earth.