CJohn

Iron Man 3 OS thread ($803,300,000)

Yeah, I notice that Disney is usually lowballing the numbers, or is that the case for just any studio now? Avengers overseas OW number increased by a whole lot from initial estimates if I recalled correctly.

It's every studio. It feels like every studio is connected to the stock exchange somehow. Lowballing is probably used to quell stock investors in case if something disappoints (but it almost never happens for a big movie).

Remember when How to Train your Dragon opened? Dreamworks' stock fell 9.2% after opening weekend actuals came back and Dragon only made 43.3m.

Edited by Bluebomb
  • Like 1

Has it opened in latin America?

Most Latim America territories have the release dates either today, the 25th or tomorrow 26th.

I think that's good, they can have a free weekend, and next week is basically an extended weekend with the Labor Day Holiday.

Edited by Sam

Has it opened in latin America?

Given the big success of The Avengers there (most successful movie ever in this region if I remeber well) so I'm very optimistic about!

¡ caramba ! Qué mundo loco :P

Edited by Iron Fullbuster

Most Latim America territories have the release dates either today, the 25th or tomorrow 26th.

I think that's good, they can have a free weekend, and next week is basically an extended weekend with the Labor Day Holiday.

Practically everyone else is getting the film before the U.S. because May Day is a holiday in most other countries.

If Americans want this stuff to stop happening, they need to move Labor Day from September to May :P

TA did a collective of over 200M in Latin America, so if IM3 can get like 60% of that gross; it would be great, wouldn't it?

Yes, and we can expect more than that, it's a fast-growing market so it's a bigger market than one year ago.

Practically everyone else is getting the film before the U.S. because May Day is a holiday in most other countries.

If Americans want this stuff to stop happening, they need to move Labor Day from September to May :P

I think it's a good this way, a success overseas can create a buzz in the US.

• Like 2

:lol: I don't get why we have a different Labor Day either. But then if they change it to May 1st, I think studios would riot  :lol:

Edited by Sam

TA opened with 185M OS through the same period last year in 70% of its total OS potential. http://www.deadline.com/2012/04/marvels-the-avengers-breaking-records-overseas-already-after-todays-early-release/

IM3 is opening this week in 80% of its total OS potential.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-preview-iron-man-445923

I would say 150M+ opening for IM3 this week. 

• Like 1

TA opened with 185M OS through the same period last year in 70% of its total OS potential. http://www.deadline.com/2012/04/marvels-the-avengers-breaking-records-overseas-already-after-todays-early-release/

IM3 is opening this week in 80% of its total OS potential.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-preview-iron-man-445923

I would say 150M+ opening for IM3 this week. 

I agree. 150 mill + needs to happen.

But i smell 175 mill