CJohn

Iron Man 3 OS thread ($803,300,000)

Roughly 9-13M depending on whether Monday DOM was added I think

Yeah, I was wondering that too whether the Dom number is added. But they said 'worldwide'. So 9M OS? Thats not bad actually, I thought it was 6-7 :lol: Oh, my math failed me ^_^ Edited by Sam

SK will win. STID already hit IM3 last week, and now it's got FF6 and Gatsby opening this weekend, and TH3 next weekend.

How will FF6 fare compared to STID in the UK ?

Do you think it will hurt STID this weekend ?

Yeah, I was wondering that too whether the Dom number is added. But they said 'worldwide'. So 9M OS? Thats not bad actually, I thought it was 6-7 :lol: Oh, my math failed me ^_^

True but the article said "as of Tuesday morning" so they may or may not have included Monday DOM numbers. It's kind of in that grey area. But it's only +/- 4.5M out of 962.2M :lol: chump change

1B by Thursday. Assuming about 30M OS for the weekend, and also 30M+ Dom. So 1.06B by the end of this week is the lowest I can see for IM3.Did I get it right? Or is the OS number too generous?

From the LA Times:

As of Tuesday morning, Walt Disney Studios said the Shane Black-directed movie had collected $962.2 million worldwide and was still selling tickets in territories worldwide.

Did not count Monday DOM.

How will FF6 fare compared to STID in the UK ?

Do you think it will hurt STID this weekend ?

Probably a very similar opening, somewhere around £8m I'd say, but it's 3 day, not 4 day, and in 2D only so more impressive.

It'll probably effect it but not too much. IM3 still dropped under 50% with STID opening.

• Like 1

IM3's weekdays holds continue to amaze me :wub: I imagine that TA weekdays hold were great as well since it started out lower?

Edited by Sam

How will FF6 fare compared to STID in the UK ? Do you think it will hurt STID this weekend ?

Yes it will, its been getting a lot of attention. Also the cineworld cinemas decided to show a 5 minute scene (the tank scene) after the trailers. As good as this was, its fucking annoying when you've seen 3 movies in the last month and have had to sit through that scene every time we go to the cinema. I hope they don't show it again before watching the actual film.
  • Like 1